Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

pertinent posted:

I don't understand? They were waiting for the game to go f2p so they could spend money on it what???

Redeem enough keys and they could get lovely mounts & pets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Sep 30, 2015

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

pertinent posted:

I don't understand? They were waiting for the game to go f2p so they could spend money on it what???

wildstar target audience

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I heard this game is not good

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Part of me wants to yell at you to fix your loving image, but it's so perfectly awful that it fits the relaunch.

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

7? "scheduled" maintenances in a 24 hour span?

gently caress stress testing of any kind, if it compiles ship it amirite

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I actually played this again for the first time since beta last night. Lots of bugs still around from beta (keybinds with modifiers not working is the biggest one). Pretty sure the latest build also has a ton of regression because, Carbine are dumb.

Played a bit of PVP which seemed, dare I say it, fun. The PVE side of things can go die quietly in a corner for all I care. I'm going to go kill myself now.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Grakkus posted:

7? "scheduled" maintenances in a 24 hour span?

gently caress stress testing of any kind, if it compiles ship it amirite

What the gently caress were they doing during their F2P BETA TEST SIGN UP NOW?

It's rhetorical, because they were being Carbine.

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Bah gawd he had a family!
Had a fun talk with another dude in zone chat that he should yell into his Kinect the phrase "hardcore cupcake" so that he can unlock new amps.

Meanwhile all the other people were still white knighting this game so nothing has changed.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
has anyone said mildstar yet

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

sword_man.gif posted:

has anyone said mildstar yet

no i dont think so

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
In as Anita Sarkesian

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
If you go on the wild star reddit it's all posts about how they're glad more people aren't playing and those who are trying and expect to actually be able to log in are entitled and it's a good thing they won't stay around.

Bitcoin the game?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Comrayn posted:

If you go on the wild star reddit it's all posts about how they're glad more people aren't playing and those who are trying and expect to actually be able to log in are entitled and it's a good thing they won't stay around.

Bitcoin the game?

loving lol

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I love how the diehard fans have gone from decrying F2P to calling anyone complaining about the server issues scrubs for not "understanding how the megaservers work".

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Just took 3 days off from work hope it was a good decision

Lol jk

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Is there still no mechari themed stuff for housing? Are they still completely voiceless?

E: Just had to argue what a megaserver was . I hate the people who play this game.

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Sep 30, 2015

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
shameful op

how can you make this thread without their loving facebook cover photo in the op

e: "And world of Warcraft had worse issues on a brand new expansion launch have you guys even played a mmo? This is the norm it was also expected. Self entitled brats do any of you even understand IT??? Obviously not and just want everything perfect. Welcome to the real world."

"Complainers: you're being given a drat good game to play for free, and nine and a half hours in the servers being utterly inundated and unable to handle all that traffic, should not be a surprise to anyone. I absolutely love first world problems, where people complain about something they get for free. Now if people paying for a subscription are getting knocked out, well that's just bullshit."

"I´m honestly a bit disappointed that for someone who has been with Wildstar since closed beta and all the way until now, there isnt some kind of "special queue" where we (the subs) could get into the game before f2p-players do. I couldnt get in for the past 24 hours or so....thats kind of sad."

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Sep 30, 2015

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

I logged in and got to see my sweet treehouse again!

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
It's kind of stupid that subscribers don't get priority queue, and I think it would be something of a dream come true if a Wildstar dev came out and admitted they never actually had megaservers.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

Verranicus posted:

It's kind of stupid that subscribers don't get priority queue, and I think it would be something of a dream come true if a Wildstar dev came out and admitted they never actually had megaservers.

Are you a subscriber?

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
I'm pretty sure it's less a mega server and more some kind of server chimera where they just cobbled a buncha together and figured it'll work fine.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Verranicus posted:

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002

Verranicus posted:

I think its pretty evident at this point that their "megaserver" is actually just a normal server that held the 10 subscribers they had left and is now making GBS threads itself.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Spent the day trolling true believers. 10/10 Would zone chat again. I was constantly called a complainer because I would point out bugs, bugs that have existed and have been documented since 2014. I love these people.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

Stanley Pain posted:

Spent the day trolling true believers. 10/10 Would zone chat again. I was constantly called a complainer because I would point out bugs, bugs that have existed and have been documented since 2014. I love these people.

gently caress it i'm installing this tonight.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

wildestar

is good

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

John Dyne posted:

shameful op

how can you make this thread without their loving facebook cover photo in the op

e: "And world of Warcraft had worse issues on a brand new expansion launch have you guys even played a mmo? This is the norm it was also expected. Self entitled brats do any of you even understand IT??? Obviously not and just want everything perfect. Welcome to the real world."
."

this is... kind of true. WoD was a loving festival of failure for the first few days after launch.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I zoned out how's the fishing pact doing these days?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Let's all play this ironically

(Let's not)

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Tabletops posted:

this is... kind of true. WoD was a loving festival of failure for the first few days after launch.

Yeah it is. I don't know their beta numbers but I'm guessing it wasn't on par with the people actually wanting to get in, and that they severely underestimated the interest in the game and likely missed poo poo that would've come from an actual stress test.

Rookie error, but the thing is the game had already been out a year and they had the same mistake when they first launched. At least they didn't overprepare and have too many drat servers like some other MMOs.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Loose Ifer posted:

Are you a subscriber?

Nope, I'm subbed to FFXIV though!

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Verranicus posted:

Nope, I'm subbed to FFXIV though!

shameful

subscribing to an mmo

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

Stanley Pain posted:

This has been pretty entertaining. I spent the last 20 minutes in the Exile newbie zone and chat consists of two type of people. People complaining about lag, and people telling them to shut up because they are idiots and Carbine had no way of knowing that they could expect this many people to play.

You can pretty readily tell who is giving the game a go due to the f2p relaunch, and who has been playing a long while.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Well, tried to make a character. I guess the game doesn't want me to.

Rouncer
Jul 23, 2009

Tabletops posted:

Well, tried to make a character. I guess the game doesn't want me to.

Maybe you set the boob slider too far to the right and it unbalanced the server.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Rouncer posted:

Maybe you set the boob slider too far to the right and it unbalanced the server.

Naw. There's no dick slider and I couldn't make a new male character. It's just Carbine being lovely, something a surprising number of people in zone chat can't seem to admit.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
looks like it works every time if you make it on the PvP server.

ferp derp

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Making a character. Have waited about 10 minutes so far since pressing Enter Game. Wildstar F2P.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pertinent
Apr 3, 2009

Verranicus posted:

https://shop.wildstar-online.com/product/signatureMembership

This page says they do.

• Locked thread