Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Yeah, but they don't. Forums are full of people I know to be subbed saying they have 3 hour queues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Huh, I haven't had to wait in a queue at all when logging in with a character I already made, and I've been playing a couple of days.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Huh, I haven't had to wait in a queue at all when logging in with a character I already made, and I've been playing a couple of days.

It's gotten better since early yesterday, for sure, but what's the point when you log in to unplayable lag?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Not to mention the absolutely constant disconnecting. It's unplayable right now. I really can't see NCSoft keeping this around another year.

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Restarted the client since it wasn't making a character the first time. Stuck again on the second go until I lost connection to the server due to inactivity. Nice of Carbide to prevent me from playing this lovely game.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

CoffeeBooze posted:

This has been pretty entertaining. I spent the last 20 minutes in the Exile newbie zone and chat consists of two type of people. People complaining about lag, and people telling them to shut up because they are idiots and Carbine had no way of knowing that they could expect this many people to play.

You can pretty readily tell who is giving the game a go due to the f2p relaunch, and who has been playing a long while.

To be fair they probably didn't expect people to actually be stupid enough to fall for it.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I've actually seen a few of the former diehard white knights of the game on the forums start to come around and realize "wow maybe this isn't okay and they are just loving up a whole bunch" recently, which is nice, but those same people who were screaming about the casualization of the game and F2P are now the ones telling people to shut up whenever they complain about this train wreck.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Forbes has a new article up on our MMO darling. Looks like the devs knew the game was too old in its hardcore thinking even before release.

mrbass21
Feb 1, 2009
“If you’re not building your game with a free-to-play model in place, you could turn around and just kind of slap a bunch of kind of hap-dash systems on there,” Donatelli says, “but we wanted to make sure we were doing it right so it’s taken us quite quite a while to actually transition.”

Glad we avoided that train wreck! Is that the first time that they tried to do something right?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Stanley Pain posted:

Played a bit of PVP which seemed, dare I say it, fun. The PVE side of things can go die quietly in a corner for all I care. I'm going to go kill myself now.

I logged into a level 6 character I forgot I made during some free weekend they did and did PvP and it was just the most tedious grind of nobody dying as healers slowly run out of mana and the screen being filled with unparsable danger zone garbage. Is this a lowbie thing or the whole game?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

kater posted:

filled with unparsable danger zone garbage.

New thread title right here. Yes, this is basically Wildstar The Game. Google some Wildstar Raiding videos to really push your eyeballs out of your head.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
I legitimately wanted to play this game again in the hopes that it had gotten better. A friend reminded me of interrupt armor, and now I don't want to play anymore. Then they mentioned Whitevale and I'm just sitting here wondering what I'm doing with my life.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Bombogenesis posted:

I legitimately wanted to play this game again in the hopes that it had gotten better. A friend reminded me of interrupt armor, and now I don't want to play anymore. Then they mentioned Whitevale and I'm just sitting here wondering what I'm doing with my life.

Interrupt Armor has mostly been stripped of everything but dungeon end bosses and raid bosses. They realized 'yeah this was bullshit' so most dungeon trash and questing monsters shouldn't have it.

Miyari
Jul 15, 2008

I am ze Ubermensch!
They didn't happen to improve the character creator in any way? I checked it out when it was first out (either in a beta or a trial or gently caress if I know) but I was turned off almost immediately because
a) I was forced to be specific race(s) to be the character class I wanted, and all of those races were poo poo
b) All of the female characters have absurd proportions, yet their most attractive quality is their giant bazongas because otherwise they all look like sassy AND ugly black women (ugly because ugly, not because black woah now)
I was then able to make it probably halfway thru the boring as gently caress starting zone before getting tired of looking at my giant bazonga'd robot's rear end or whatever was going on. I have trouble playing MMOs in which I hate my character, big surprise.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, the races really aren't that great. Still, if your going to be proportioned like a pin-up girl, might as well be a robot. :awesomelon:

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
hmm, dunno op, could you post a picture of an ugly sassy black woman and a beautiful sassy black woman just so I can get a feel for what you're describing?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Miyari posted:

They didn't happen to improve the character creator in any way? I checked it out when it was first out (either in a beta or a trial or gently caress if I know) but I was turned off almost immediately because
a) I was forced to be specific race(s) to be the character class I wanted, and all of those races were poo poo
b) All of the female characters have absurd proportions, yet their most attractive quality is their giant bazongas because otherwise they all look like sassy AND ugly black women (ugly because ugly, not because black woah now)
I was then able to make it probably halfway thru the boring as gently caress starting zone before getting tired of looking at my giant bazonga'd robot's rear end or whatever was going on. I have trouble playing MMOs in which I hate my character, big surprise.

Have you considered rolling male characters

and not being racist

Miyari
Jul 15, 2008

I am ze Ubermensch!

Tarranon posted:

hmm, dunno op, could you post a picture of an ugly sassy black woman and a beautiful sassy black woman just so I can get a feel for what you're describing?

I tried using Google Image Search for references, and the "ugly sassy black woman" query got me the "confused black girl" meme and the "beautiful sassy black woman" got me Michelle Obama.

So I guess, more like Michelle Obama? I don't know. Is it racist to want to play a character that looks more like you do IRL? Racist or not, the actual variety and diversity of their character customization options are loving awful.

Which is a shame, because the actual art style of the game is really cool (although there's a lot more games now taking a similar route, just not MMOs).

Miyari fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Sep 30, 2015

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Uh excuse me but have they fixed the issue where the women were not making my peepee tingle in the right way?

Also I'm not racist but have they fixed the issue with the lack of racial purity? Not racist.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Wow, goons getting mad over nothing ITT.

Miyari
Jul 15, 2008

I am ze Ubermensch!

Comrayn posted:

Uh excuse me but have they fixed the issue where the women were not making my peepee tingle in the right way?

Also I'm not racist but have they fixed the issue with the lack of racial purity? Not racist.

I'm sorry, but I don't want to turn the thread about this AMAZING GAME into a discussion of the differences between facial structure and features across the different races of humanity. I will apologize if my initial comment sounded racist, though. Believe me if you want, I don't care. The game's female avatars are technically offensive in more than enough other ways, but I guess the males don't have it much better. They're all just overzealous by design.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Miyari posted:

I'm sorry, but I don't want to turn the thread about this AMAZING GAME into a discussion of the differences between facial structure and features across the different races of humanity. I will apologize if my initial comment sounded racist, though. Believe me if you want, I don't care. The game's female avatars are technically offensive in more than enough other ways, but I guess the males don't have it much better. They're all just overzealous by design.

The proper term is 'Big Vietnam Face'

Miyari
Jul 15, 2008

I am ze Ubermensch!

Gildiss posted:

The proper term is 'Big Vietnam Face'

I don't even know what that means. :(

I just wanted to find out more about this lovely rear end game so I could play The Sims in it.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
for the record i never accused you of being racist. im an amateur phrenologist and i was hoping to collect some data on which plates correspond to sassiness

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I got temp banned from their forums for saying:

"Warhound will be empty again within a month, so if you need a high population roll on Entity."

In a thread where some guy was asking what server to roll on for high populations.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo don't play Wildstar

Miyari posted:

they all look like sassy AND ugly black women (ugly because ugly, not because black woah now)

This is now my favorite complaint about a video game

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I'm going to try to play it in a few minutes

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Miyari posted:

Please let this get better and tell me you have an Elin in Tera.

Miyari
Jul 15, 2008

I am ze Ubermensch!

Bacontotem posted:

Please let this get better and tell me you have an Elin in Tera.

Haha are the Elin the loli catgirls? The thing that upset me about Tera was that for a female character I couldn't be one of those portly little Poporo fucks or whatever they were called. I loved that every one of them was some different critter. Hilariously ridiculous.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
But you can be a female Poporo. It's Elin, they're just renamed for the US client

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

So now that wildstar is 'reloaded' what did they add or change in the end game for people that don't want to bust their balls in raids?

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Rasmussen posted:

So now that wildstar is 'reloaded' what did they add or change in the end game for people that don't want to bust their balls in raids?

Reduced server capicity and a 70% chance of your new character not actually being made.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I'm playing on the PVP server. Who wants to kill noobs? :suicide:

Elwood P Dowd
Jan 4, 2003

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
I'm so confused, the PVE is showing only medium population at the moment, but also a 1 hour wait time.

Yeah, time to grief some fuckers, and when I say grief some fuckers I mean grief me by playing this pos.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

you idiots who keep telling everyone you're just going to play the game to look at nerds and troll the nerds and make the nerds playing the game quit playing the game and make the nerds angry aren't fooling anyone

Elwood P Dowd
Jan 4, 2003

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.

Babe Magnet posted:

you idiots who keep telling everyone you're just going to play the game to look at nerds and troll the nerds and make the nerds playing the game quit playing the game and make the nerds angry aren't fooling anyone

I paid my fifty bucks like a sucker for pre-order long ago. If I want to go to the Nerd Zoo, by god my admission is covered and there is no way in hell I'm going to give this another chance.

I will probably give this another chance

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I played for a few minutes and then the game disconnected me. Apparently getting loot causes a lot of lag? Seemed that way to me anyway. My favorite part was the pop up to tell me I had daily log in rewards every five minutes even though I had already claimed them, second favorite is that my low level bags were already full before I got back to town from my first batch of quests making inventory worse than vanilla WoW.

This is basically WoW but you have to aim and hit 1 to autoattack at lower levels.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

I paid to touch the poop when the poop was new. Might as well touch it when the flies are new too.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
There are complaints that if you try to buy their funbux to buy pets or w/e from the cash shop the transaction lags like everything else and there's a 50/50 chance it'll either never charge you or charge you multiple times for the same transaction.

Beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Verranicus posted:

Wow, goons getting mad over nothing ITT.

Goons.txt

• Locked thread