Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Babe Magnet posted:

you idiots who keep telling everyone you're just going to play the game to look at nerds and troll the nerds and make the nerds playing the game quit playing the game and make the nerds angry aren't fooling anyone

:ironicat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
before i had just read about no clipping through the lovely player cities and terrible lag, but playing it....is on a whole other level

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
What did the multi-month F2P beta actually accomplish? I was expecting the relaunch to have significant issues, but this even more chaotic than I guessed.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
For those actually interested in playing it the lag is less terrible right now.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Before or after the server imploded (again)?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Clarste posted:

Before or after the server imploded (again)?

It's still up for me.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Verranicus posted:

It's still up for me.

Well, I was disconnecting every two minutes about an hour ago, but now there's a queue so I can't check.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Mizuti posted:

What did the multi-month F2P beta actually accomplish? I was expecting the relaunch to have significant issues, but this even more chaotic than I guessed.

It mostly tested out some of the new features and changes; it wasn't a stress test by a long shot, which is what they REALLY needed. I didn't see a lot of people in my time in the beta but it seems like more people were interested in it after F2P hit than they were in trying out how F2P was gonna feel.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Bombogenesis posted:

I'm pretty sure it's less a mega server and more some kind of server chimera where they just cobbled a buncha together and figured it'll work fine.

I think they should call it: "Hydra servers" That sounds even cooler.

Loose Ifer posted:

gently caress it i'm installing this tonight.

good loving luck. Theres a 10 hour queue just to try and create a character on the server with people.

E:

Holy poo poo lol still 2 hours estimated. Why am I doing this? I never even played the game I could smell the rear end, but the desperate for something new and free in me wants to try it...
:smithicide:

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Oct 1, 2015

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

John Dyne posted:

It mostly tested out some of the new features and changes; it wasn't a stress test by a long shot, which is what they REALLY needed. I didn't see a lot of people in my time in the beta but it seems like more people were interested in it after F2P hit than they were in trying out how F2P was gonna feel.

UM, they already had a stress test, remember? When they forced every online player to come idle in a capital city or get kicked off the server. A few dozen people in one place totally stresses the servers!

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Schubalts posted:

UM, they already had a stress test, remember? When they forced every online player to come idle in a capital city or get kicked off the server. A few dozen people in one place totally stresses the servers!

somebody please post the "is that it" pic

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

Tarranon posted:

somebody please post the "is that it" pic

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
I still have my "of the wrecking crew" title from when they did the last major beta stress test

Whenever I bother to log on I'll put it on for old time's sake and in honor of the fact any number of people logging on apparently strains the servers these days wakka wakka wakka

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Servers are going down for 3 hours at 5AM EST. Perhaps a fix is in the works??? Maybe??

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Verranicus posted:

Servers are going down for 3 hours at 5AM EST. Perhaps a fix is in the works??? Maybe??

Yeah and when the game first launched I thought the first major patch would fix all the horrible bugs, not introduce new ones on top of the old ones.

Welcome to WildStar, cupcake.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Verranicus posted:

It's gonna take the intern at least 3 hours to delete all the characters by hand. 'hey presto no more queue problems!'

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
I had this piece of poo poo installed from when I bought the game when it came out and was filled with disappointment.

Tried creating a character on the NA PVE server, will not actually load once I hit Enter Game.

So basically this game is as hosed as it has always been.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
haha, all these cute scrub goonies just getting AIDS for the first time. Well here's the thing: I've had AIDS for years, and you haven't seen nothing yet cupcake

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Bacontotem posted:

Please let this get better and tell me you have an Elin in Tera.

careful with talking about elin, you might summon that pedophile from the ffxiv guild

Grogsy
Feb 8, 2013

Some friends decided to play so I thought of making a new character cause I remember the battlegrounds being quite fun (at least at lower levels). I basically only leveled through pvp. Not being able to do that, I decided to log into my existing character...who had all his gear removed.

Apparently they decided to remove all crafted pvp gear. And give you some vouchers you can exchange for new gear. Which doesn't have pvp stats on them. They didn't remove the stat, it's still on pvp gear you get from vendors, just not on the one you get from vouchers.

Oh, and some of the non pvp gear I got from the vouches was to high a level for me to equip :suicide:

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

I tried to login and discovered that my level 2 character is gone. The one I spent all of 10 minutes playing before realizing that my friend had tricked me into buying a total disaster at release.

Now, mind, I logged into my circa 2000 Everquest account and that character was fine and unchanged. A character I hadn't touched in 15 years. But wildstar? Nah, delete my character. No problem. Incredible.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Grogsy posted:

Some friends decided to play so I thought of making a new character cause I remember the battlegrounds being quite fun (at least at lower levels). I basically only leveled through pvp. Not being able to do that, I decided to log into my existing character...who had all his gear removed.

Apparently they decided to remove all crafted pvp gear. And give you some vouchers you can exchange for new gear. Which doesn't have pvp stats on them. They didn't remove the stat, it's still on pvp gear you get from vendors, just not on the one you get from vouchers.

Oh, and some of the non pvp gear I got from the vouches was to high a level for me to equip :suicide:

I couldn't get past the login screen, the game literally won't let you make a new character. I'm sure I'm just doing it wrong, I heard Wildstar's PVE content was really hard.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Kimsemus posted:

I couldn't get past the login screen, the game literally won't let you make a new character. I'm sure I'm just doing it wrong, I heard Wildstar's PVE content was really hard.
Gotta watch those guides and get in the practice, noob!

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Pathos posted:

I tried to login and discovered that my level 2 character is gone. The one I spent all of 10 minutes playing before realizing that my friend had tricked me into buying a total disaster at release.

Now, mind, I logged into my circa 2000 Everquest account and that character was fine and unchanged. A character I hadn't touched in 15 years. But wildstar? Nah, delete my character. No problem. Incredible.

As far as I know, at one point they deleted long-inactive characters below level three (when the servers merged?) and then more recently when altering the tutorial, characters still sitting in the tutorial were deleted. The tutorial deletion was announced in advance, I remember moving an alt because of it during the brief time I was playing before f2p. So I assume the server merge deletion was warned for in advance too but :iiam:

mushroom_spore fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Oct 1, 2015

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

RottenK posted:

careful with talking about elin, you might summon that pedophile from the ffxiv guild

you might have to be more specific

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Did they change leveling at all since the game came out? I played on a guest pass and it was eh. Wondering if it's worth the download again.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Studio posted:

Did they change leveling at all since the game came out? I played on a guest pass and it was eh. Wondering if it's worth the download again.

Well it sounds like it's pretty much unplayable right now due to lag and queues so I'd give it another week at the very least. I didn't hear anything about them changing the basic leveling experience.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Seriously? What the hell were these guys doing during the F2P-Beta? I made a character and bumbled around for a couple minutes in the beta and the character editor was buggy like hell itself. Now I'm hearing the game is out of beta and still everything is hosed?

poo poo, I have to see this trainwreck for myself. Now if the patching would just go a bit faster...

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
For anyone who is still shocked that Carbine are complete and total morons, let me re-iterate: If you think things are bad now just wait for a few patches. It'll get worse.

Also, if you just wanna check the game out roll on the PVP server. Hit lvl 15 just playing the PVP scenarios. Between the lag and getting disconnected from 1/3 of the scenarios, it's a great time to be playing Wildfarts.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Network Error: Unable to Connect.

Well, gently caress you game I'll go update my CV instead of playing video games now

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

RottenK posted:

*teleportation sound*

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Stanley Pain posted:

Also, if you just wanna check the game out roll on the PVP server. Hit lvl 15 just playing the PVP scenarios. Between the lag and getting disconnected from 1/3 of the scenarios, it's a great time to be playing Wildfarts.

Wait why do you have to roll on the PvP servers to do the PvP scenarios? Aren't there only like 5 people left on that server how are you even getting games to pop?

edit: Oh I guess if there's nobody on the server then there's no queue either

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Studio posted:

DON'T DO IT NERD

also hi from ffxiv

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

KaneTW posted:

*teleportation sound*

And he's proud of it. Cool.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

cathead posted:

edit: Oh I guess if there's nobody on the server then there's no queue either

It's this. :shobon: The server feels pretty full though. Less than 2 minute queue times in the 6-14 and 14-29(??) brackets. 0 queue to actually get into the server. From what I've seen exploring the zones there were always 10+ people around and the settler upgrades always built in the little towns and stuff.

Today will probably be the last day I play because I'm already getting kind of bored.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
What the gently caress did the gruff cowboy's pregnant wife I found in the tutorial really die in a terrible spaceship crash and he's just like "ah gosh dern it my dang wife was on that ship shucks".

I had to stop playing last night after the ship blew up so maybe there's more to it than that?

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Has anyone been filming for the past couple of years at Carbine? I would like to see a documentary about how this happened

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Comrayn posted:

What the gently caress did the gruff cowboy's pregnant wife I found in the tutorial really die in a terrible spaceship crash and he's just like "ah gosh dern it my dang wife was on that ship shucks".

I had to stop playing last night after the ship blew up so maybe there's more to it than that?

Nope! She's never mentioned again outside of "I'll get them dang dominion bastards for this consarnit I tell you what we exile sure are western as sarsaparilla yesiree bob."

Wildstar!

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
You got a level. gently caress YEAH!

gently caress YEAH, LEVEL UP!

CUPCAKES!!!!

If Carbine weren't so completely incompetent there are hints of a decent game in here somewhere. If they had removed 1/2 of the aoe/cone/side cone/crazy cone/super mega aoe cone targeting and instead made the attacks projectiles for ranged or hitbox based for some melee that would have gone a long way. If there's one thing I wish GW2 would take from this game is the action combat mouse lock mode thingy. Anet have some really stupid design decisions as well. That being said:

In reality, you should probably just play GW2. It's basically Wildstar done somewhat better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Anoia posted:

Nope! She's never mentioned again outside of "I'll get them dang dominion bastards for this consarnit I tell you what we exile sure are western as sarsaparilla yesiree bob."

Wildstar!

Hardcore

• Locked thread