Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Too everyone not being able to play Wildstar or log in smoothly.

what did you expect idiots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Snatch Duster posted:

Too everyone not being able to play Wildstar or log in smoothly.

what did you expect idiots

And why even complain?

It's pretty much the intended experience at this point. F2P was never going to fix this.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Why even touch the game other to bitch about its hilarious incompetence?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

blablablabla posted:

I pretty much dismissed it at launch, hurting someone's feelings in the process and as long as it's free there's no harm in checking it out. I can see why people who did pay for it would be pissed but having satisfied my curiosity I can again dismiss it as something that just doesn't interest me at all and move on.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

blablablabla posted:

Making fun of it is one thing, and is fine. But complaining and expecting Carbine to have a remotely finished product with a working launch is idiotic.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I'm trying this game out because I try out lots of free MMOs, play them for a few weeks, and then quit forever. If it doesn't work now, I'll probably just wait for the launch shenanigans to calm down.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
Really don't get all the hostility here.

Pretty obvious that Carbine, or more likely NCSoft, underestimated the interest the game would have for F2P and the two servers (Mega-Servers don't mean poo poo without numbers) are getting bent over the railing and torn up.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

RottenK posted:

careful with talking about elin, you might summon that pedophile from the ffxiv guild

So what's the story behind this? Because we got our AA pedo banned forever.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Kimsemus posted:

I had this piece of poo poo installed from when I bought the game when it came out and was filled with disappointment.

Tried creating a character on the NA PVE server, will not actually load once I hit Enter Game.

So basically this game is as hosed as it has always been.

Made my character and it still wont enter game after the video took 30 tries then when i get in. The servers go down. This thing is poo poo. I got in and its just a cluster gently caress of wtf is going on.

Libluini posted:

Seriously? What the hell were these guys doing during the F2P-Beta? I made a character and bumbled around for a couple minutes in the beta and the character editor was buggy like hell itself. Now I'm hearing the game is out of beta and still everything is hosed?

poo poo, I have to see this trainwreck for myself. Now if the patching would just go a bit faster...

Character editor is grand. I spent 10 minutes making a face for my rockman, login to game and it reset to ar eally fat chin face. Also when you try and click skin color it goes back to the previous menu cause they can't fit their UI on a god drat window.

Holy poo poo this is amateur hour in TOOL 2015.

E:

Lets talk skills too I rolled warrior/soldier and holy poo poo i just spam my 2 skill i got hoping it actually goes off. IT seems to cancel itself a lot for no apparent reason. The only way to get it to work is by spamming the key.

This is awful.

Like I just started dabbling in vindictus again which is one of the best fighting systems I've ever seen for an MMO and holy crap that was made like 8 years ago. This was made by guys who did vanilla wow? Holy poo poo.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 1, 2015

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Kimsemus posted:

I posted that I like Elin some time ago, someone dug a bunch of those posts out recently and posted them in various threads, goons were goons. Look in the previous Wildstar thread if you care.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
You can just hold down a key to spam a move. Also, I set the camera to auto-follow my mouse (which binds 1 and 2 to left and right click), and that feels a lot better to me. Unfortunately the menus and other interactions don't all play nicely with it, so I have to switch back and forth a lot (defaults to `).

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Don't get mad just because someone wants to hate play this differently than you are hate playing it.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

KaneTW posted:

I posted that I like Elin some time ago, someone dug a bunch of those posts out recently and posted them in various threads, goons were goons. Look in the previous Wildstar thread if you care.

you sicken me

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Kimsemus posted:

And then some.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Al Borland posted:

Made my character and it still wont enter game after the video took 30 tries then when i get in. The servers go down. This thing is poo poo. I got in and its just a cluster gently caress of wtf is going on.

Character editor is grand. I spent 10 minutes making a face for my rockman, login to game and it reset to ar eally fat chin face. Also when you try and click skin color it goes back to the previous menu cause they can't fit their UI on a god drat window.

When I made a character in the F2P-Beta, I couldn't really take a good look at my char, because a giant robot girl was glued into the middle of the podest and messed everything up. The race that robot belonged to couldn't be selected and when I started with some kind of small intro to test my controls, I freaked out because another guy had spawned directly into my character.

Then I noticed this character was the opposite gender standard version of my character's race. He was totally immobile and disappeared into the ether after I finished the short intro and started the prologue. I guess the game had for some strange reason created a lifeless gender-switched copy of my character. I just wish I had remembered to make screenshots, because this was glorious. :shepface:

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

It's cool that you move faster since you don't have to hold shift to sprint, but running around my house and sliding around a lot everywhere as I turn is actually really disorienting.

Also there's a lot of move speed buffs in the starter zones once you land on the planet, it feels like you're rocketing around at light speed.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Al Borland posted:

That bug has been in there since launch. IIRC, it's not actually that your characters face is reset - if you relog it will switch between the bugged face and your actual face.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Arthil posted:

Really don't get all the hostility here.

Pretty obvious that Carbine, or more likely NCSoft, underestimated the interest the game would have for F2P and the two servers (Mega-Servers don't mean poo poo without numbers) are getting bent over the railing and torn up.

The hostility towards this game is VERY well deserved though. People aren't in here complaining about launch day things being broken. There are literally things from 2014 STILL broken in this game. Things that have been well documented. Launch day shenanigans just add the cherry to the bullshit pie.

KaneTW posted:

I'm pretty sure you said that being a pedo is bad but graphicall representation of said pedo things is A-OK. :thumbsup: ... So Please Kill Yourself.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Mormon Star Wars posted:

That bug has been in there since launch. IIRC, it's not actually that your characters face is reset - if you relog it will switch between the bugged face and your actual face.

This game will be dead before the year is over.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer
The game can't even come back to life, how's it supposed to die again?

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
There must be some mod on reddit deleting everything negative because there is just no way they are this happy about the game. It's ok for servers to be constantly broken, pvp server population is healthy, the game is good, etc. On the plus side they currently have less obvious pedos posting than in this thread!

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
r/wildstar has been deleting negativity for a long time. it's just jealous trolls after all

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Comrayn posted:

There must be some mod on reddit deleting everything negative because there is just no way they are this happy about the game. It's ok for servers to be constantly broken, pvp server population is healthy, the game is good, etc. On the plus side they currently have less obvious pedos posting than in this thread!

You check out the O forums? Place is a loving mess.

retpocileh
Oct 15, 2003
So what makes this game so bad? I looked up a video on youtube and it seems kind of fun https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdAntKMOTcM

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

retpocileh posted:

So what makes this game so bad? I looked up a video on youtube and it seems kind of fun https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdAntKMOTcM

:allears:

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Comrayn posted:

There must be some mod on reddit deleting everything negative because there is just no way they are this happy about the game.

;)

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

So, uh, I'm guessing there's also not gonna be a Halloween event this year? :ghost:

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
What's with the OF attracting so many idiot gimmick posters. First it was Olivar and his constant "in character" posts, now there's some tool named Madda who starts every sentence with "Madda thinks".

EDIT: I just logged in and it's as un-laggy as it's been, so if you wanna play try now.

Verranicus fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Oct 1, 2015

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Anoia posted:

So, uh, I'm guessing there's also not gonna be a Halloween event this year? :ghost:

The only ghost around here is Wildstar itself.

Verranicus posted:

What's with the OF attracting so many idiot gimmick posters. First it was Olivar and his constant "in character" posts, now there's some tool named Madda who starts every sentence with "Madda thinks".

Perhaps only idiots play Wildstar.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Ok good to know I'm not crazy. I have voluntarily played like half an hour of Wildstar so I need to check you know?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Stanley Pain posted:

I'm pretty sure you said that being a pedo is bad but graphicall representation of said pedo things is A-OK. :thumbsup: ... So Please Kill Yourself.

Yes? It's not real. It's literally a fictional creation, no one is hurt by it existing. I condemn actual real life pedo poo poo because it hurts people.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
I sometimes like to delete rant threads from the subreddit because then they lead to great angry meltdowns like this

quote:

It's actually a pretty accurate reflection of the views of the PvP community. I know you don't actually play Wildstar, but if you did, you would have left this post up. Thanks for the moderator abuse.
Please, don't cite rule #5 when you know this is a perfectly valid and interesting topic of discussion. We're tired of being second rate and watching CRB neglect the PvP community, only to be further abused by a subreddit moderator who shows bias against a vocal member of the PvP community.

This is after I gassed a thread about how the lead PVP designer needs to be fired immediately because he lost a 1v1 duel to a lore writer

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I actually like what they did with changing the challenge rewards. The stupid roulette thing pre-F2P was pointless. It does feel like they nerfed progress gained in challenges for F2P players though.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Stanley Pain posted:

When we slay one pedo, another rises to take his place. Such is the way of the sith goon pedos.

KaneTW posted:

Yes? It's not real. It's literally a fictional creation, no one is hurt by it existing. I condemn actual real life pedo poo poo because it hurts people.

:yikes:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Oct 1, 2015

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

KaneTW posted:

:stonklol:

So you're ok with depictions of children getting raped, as long as it's not real? Or the over sexualization of a character that looks like a child (Elin, etc)?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Goons who randomly bring up pedogoons so they have something to get outraged over in unrelated threads are worse than pedogoons themselves.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

KaneTW posted:

oh i see, everything that happens on the computer isnt real. huh

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

KaneTW posted:

please shut the gently caress up

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

KaneTW posted:

This is a hell of a hill you've chosen to die on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Verranicus posted:

Goons who randomly bring up pedogoons so they have something to get outraged over in unrelated threads are worse than pedogoons themselves.

lol

• Locked thread