Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
After removing a thread that called people "fanboy faggots":

quote:

XDDDDD the BS never stops with you isnt it?, i mean how can someone use fanboy in a positive maner if its a negative connotation to begin with?, but yet before you said you didnt cared about the fanboy thing, but now you care so YEAH you are moderating what you feel like, enjoy your abuse of your lame position of power dude, im done with this do whatever the hell you want srsly i dont care i know im right i dont need you to validate anything i said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Verranicus posted:

Goons who randomly bring up pedogoons so they have something to get outraged over in unrelated threads are worse than pedogoons themselves.

T..T....Tokaisan?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Verranicus posted:

Goons who randomly bring up pedogoons so they have something to get outraged over in unrelated threads are worse than pedogoons themselves.

Counterpoint: Rightfully shaming people who fantasize about loving children is probably not worse than wanting to gently caress children. :wooper:

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Goons who bring up... who... hang on, I'm gonna need to make a flow chart.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Stanley Pain posted:

:stonklol:

So you're ok with depictions of children getting raped, as long as it's not real?

Me? Personally, no, that makes me hella uncomfortable. But just because I don't like a thing doesn't mean it should be forbidden.

quote:

Or the over sexualization of a character that looks like a child (Elin, etc)

I don't have an issue with that, and I posted that several times already.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
What I'm really outraged about are these loving queues.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
posting how gross pedophiles are: worse than loving kids. welp

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
So many things just happened I don't even know who or what to quote. :suicide:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Stanley Pain posted:

So many things just happened I don't even know who or what to quote. :suicide:

lol

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

im going to make a hamburger today

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Blazing Zero posted:

please outline your burger process

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
In unrelated news -- Wildstar is still eating itself alive.

If it wasn't NCsoft, I would almost imagine a company that was converting their game to F2P would consider making sure the server infrastructure could handle it.

Welp.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Kimsemus posted:

If it wasn't NCsoft, I would almost imagine a company that was converting their game to F2P would consider making sure the server infrastructure could handle it.

Welp.

they just shed all those servers. why bother spinning up any additional for the newest wave of potential paying customers? thats just good business sense

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Christ stfu about pedo poo poo. I'm sure getting mad will accomplish much

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Stanley Pain posted:

What I'm really outraged about are these loving queues.

Please don't gently caress the queue unless it is over 18.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gildiss posted:

Please don't gently caress the queue unless it is over 18.

Not a problem with Wildstar. They are all over 1500 year old demons.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Well the cupcake lingo would make more sense

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

The Chairman posted:

After removing a thread that called people "fanboy faggots":

Please start also deleting the ridiculous over the top white knight posts too so we can have a good balance of crazy rants.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I quit playing this game because I was tired of playing it by myself in big empty ghost-town world, does this mean people are actually playing the game again? For the servers to come down someone would have to actually be trying to use them right?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
For now, yeah, I guess. Who knows how long until they give up though.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Finally got in again after they said servers are going down like an hour ago. Now they've gone down again just after I got in. Holy poo poo. This is amazing.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.

Stanley Pain posted:

The hostility towards this game is VERY well deserved though.

I think a lot of the hostility is directed more towards the developer than the game itself. WIldstar actually had the potential to be a fairly good game, but the just absolute incredible level of both incompetence and bluster on the part of Carbine's leadership has dragged the game down at every corner. On top of that, the absolutely moronic community that surrounds the game is good for some cheap laughs too.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
No hostility here, just bafflement that this game has been out for a year and is this awful.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

I feel really sorry for the underlings trying to keep all this together cause I'm sure whatever code this game is built on is absolute incomprehensible poo poo.

Whoever is responsible is probably either gone or so unhelpful they might as well be, and the people at the top are busy jacking off and drafting their ~next great vision~ for whatever studio they land at, probably simultaneously.

MMOs suck, but working in MMOs? Holy poo poo.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Here are the steps you need to take to log in if you are having problems.

1. Kill you are self.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Anoia posted:

I feel really sorry for the underlings trying to keep all this together cause I'm sure whatever code this game is built on is absolute incomprehensible poo poo.

Whoever is responsible is probably either gone or so unhelpful they might as well be, and the people at the top are busy jacking off and drafting their ~next great vision~ for whatever studio they land at, probably simultaneously.

MMOs suck, but working in MMOs? Holy poo poo.

I get the feeling their engine doesn't even have any comments other than
// good loving luck

// temporary FIX WILL DO LATER - 09/2013 Steve

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Bah gawd he had a family!

Kimsemus posted:

Welp.

I hope the new quarter reports come soon

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

KaneTW posted:

Good job deflecting the question but haha let's dogpile on the person liking 2D loli

KaneTW posted:

Yes? It's not real. It's literally a fictional creation, no one is hurt by it existing. I condemn actual real life pedo poo poo because it hurts people.

Verranicus posted:

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
This game keeps getting more better...

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Like I am totally down with the wildstar thread being a place where pedophiles are mocked because that is much better and funnier than continually stroking goons' weird hateboners about a mediocre mmo.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I think the funny part is that it's not just that the servers are getting hammered, different things are breaking each time.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm starting to think maybe they're doing this on purpose so the game can die with a bang instead of a whimper

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
October is here

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
One week from now when every single employee has either quit or had a mental breakdown the Carbine management will turn off the servers and replace the Wildstar homepage with a picture of a cupcake with a dude flipping you off drawn with icing.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

The Christmas event is actually the game's shutdown. That's the gift to all the players: freedom... plus 3 boom boxes redeemable 12 hours before they wipe the servers.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Blazing Zero posted:

Did you already finish the hamburger attunement then?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

NA megaservers are back up as of now. EU megaservers should be up soon.

quote:

EU megaservers are now up!

quote:

Looking into issues with character logins on NA/EU right now.

:sotw:

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
I am just amazed that they didn't even think to rent a server or something in the event people gave a poo poo about this relaunch.

"Hey guys lets have this event for our relaunch!"
"Should we maybe have hardware on standby just incase we've underestimated things? Ya' know, like how FFXIV underestimated interest?"
"NOPE, WE'RE CARBINE!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

According to a new post, the extremely frequent yet short maintenances are so they can see whether or not what they changed did anything. I feel so confident in them all of a sudden.

• Locked thread