Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I swear to God this poo poo wasn't this much of a trainwreck last summer, what happened

Is it because they fired all the devs and outsourced maintenance or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Stanley Pain posted:

I'm pretty sure you said that being a pedo is bad but graphicall representation of said pedo things is A-OK. :thumbsup: ... So Please Kill Yourself.

Let's not forget the "they have adult minds" argument was used as well.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

loquacius posted:

You get a prize!

It's more boom boxes.

Grogsy
Feb 8, 2013

Unguided posted:

Let's not forget the "they have adult minds" argument was used as well.

It doesn't make sense though, a normal person, would have let it go by now. Why argue, from locked thread to locked thread so passionately about something like this? There has to be some other history here. Did this struck a nerve? Did you do something?

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

loquacius posted:

I swear to God this poo poo wasn't this much of a trainwreck last summer, what happened

They made some pretty big changes that sincerely were not stress tested. Yeah they had a stress test before the F2P launch with the then-current live build, but the F2P build added and changed enough poo poo that I'm sure the server is just going 'lol what'

I mean, everyone is moving faster now, everyone has login poo poo that is being tracked now, you are getting newbie areas getting hammered, more currencies per character.. I wouldn't be surprised if characters vanishing was because they couldn't find some call or something to a new thing on the character and so they assumed the entire character file isn't there.

But I'm not a programmer (most I've done is work with Deku, ROM, and SMAUG) so I'm basing this entirely off of an ill-conceived notion of how poo poo works.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Golly this is a bad first impression to give people they desperately need playing to keep the ship afloat.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
SO i got about an hour of gameplay in. I felt like I was staring at a screen and things happened. I didn't feel immersed or involved at all The questlog screens are tiny chat bubbles you barely notice and frankly, gently caress it I don't want to read this poo poo either okay whatever.

I literally got to play a giant rock man and found it the most boring thing alive. THe UI is a total clusterfuck of bad. So yeah uninstalled. It was amazing but not worth more than what I got out of it.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

The amusement I get is watching the Tumblr community. The diehards are mostly this tight cluster of Dominion players, and they don't even enjoy the game.

I don't understand it. I guess it's because they've been playing since playing since day 1 and refuse to give up? They post things like "this LAG is giving people a bad impression!" and sincerely think Carbine is conspiring to lure people to play Exile.

Go poke around #wildstar and #dominion for yourselves. I don't think WildStar is even popular enough to be included in 4chan's anniversary "flood popular tumblr things with gore pictures" operation.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Apparently the Wildstar RP community ordered pizza for the devs. Huh.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

I uninstalled see you all next trainwreck

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Happy Sisyphus posted:

You'll be back.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

A potential customer prevented from making a new character when Carbine is so desperate for more players is such a massive failure on so many levels.

I really can't think of any other MMO launch that faced such a hilarious bug. Not even Archage or Age of Conan I don't think and those games were BAD.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

So, when are they gonna go pay to play?

I mean, Carbine paying people to play their game.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

John Dyne posted:

They made some pretty big changes that sincerely were not stress tested. Yeah they had a stress test before the F2P launch with the then-current live build, but the F2P build added and changed enough poo poo that I'm sure the server is just going 'lol what'

I mean, everyone is moving faster now, everyone has login poo poo that is being tracked now, you are getting newbie areas getting hammered, more currencies per character.. I wouldn't be surprised if characters vanishing was because they couldn't find some call or something to a new thing on the character and so they assumed the entire character file isn't there.

But I'm not a programmer (most I've done is work with Deku, ROM, and SMAUG) so I'm basing this entirely off of an ill-conceived notion of how poo poo works.

See, these are all the kind of thing that professional engineers should be able to see coming ahead of time

But they fired all those people and outsourced game maintenance to who I guess are a bunch of complete incompetents

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

loquacius posted:

See, these are all the kind of thing that professional engineers should be able to see coming ahead of time

But they fired all those people and outsourced game maintenance to who I guess are a bunch of complete incompetents

Or fresh out of college kids desperate to have any job.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

loquacius posted:

Exactly. But I also think they severely underestimated the response to coming back to F2P. Really, a lot of balls dropped here.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Happy Sisyphus posted:

It's less a single trainwreck and more a train that has a car fly violently off the rails every time a rock is on the track.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

I think they transferred all their competent people to BnS *knock on wood, the wood has disturbing and wholly unnecessary jiggle physics*

With Cyster to keep them from burning the place down of course.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I just tried to log in bu couldn't what game should I play instead?

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

quote:

How Do You Keep Friends From Giving Up? (self.WildStar)
submitted 17 minutes ago by ronaldraygun91
This has been a pretty awful "relaunch" and I'm slowly losing friends to it even though I'm trying to defend the game. Carbine has just done such an awful job with this transition and it's next to impossible to defend it 3-4 days later... I get that launch day and such is bad but days later it's not any better and the issues keep popping up keeping new players from even getting into the game now. It's such a terrible situation

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
He didn't have any friends

Surprise

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
WS is a gift that keeps on giving.

Comrayn posted:

I just tried to log in bu couldn't what game should I play instead?

MGSV. The real answer is any game.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Does anyone have that youtube of the nerd who's listening to the teaser vids, intercut with footage of the actual gameplay and him screaming WHAT IS GOING ON

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
They just posted announcing new servers.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
What happened to the MEGASERVER™

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

CoffeeBooze posted:

What happened to the MEGASERVER™

it was never an actual MEGASERVER™

they just called their server that internally and then started calling it that externally. It has no relation to the actual Megaserver technology ANet uses

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Wait, so was their population really so low that they just consolidated all of the population down to one server of each type and called it a megaserver? Holy poo poo, if so that is so, so loving bad.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
^^^ I thought it was obvious this was the case.

So will I have to make a new guy and miss out on whatever the hell my amazing one of a kind log in bonuses were?

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

CoffeeBooze posted:

Wait, so was their population really so low that they just consolidated all of the population down to one server of each type and called it a megaserver? Holy poo poo, if so that is so, so loving bad.

Like I posted in the last thread, they started to believe the delusions of their fans at some point.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Verranicus posted:

Goons who randomly bring up pedogoons so they have something to get outraged over in unrelated threads are worse than pedogoons themselves.

Stop defending the pedo, thanks

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer
I don't know why i'm doing this but i'm able to create a character and log in right now.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Since nobody can currently play the game can someone please explain the Tokaii meltdown? I remember be was a retired dude that played lots of MMOs, but haven't seen him around in ages.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

my god, no part of this is not a trainwreck

gently caress y'all quitters, I'm riding this poo poo all the way to the impact at the bottom of the ravine, why the hell would you get off now

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Tokaii was a pretty cool dude, he was as far as I am aware the oldest goon on the forums. I forget how old he was exactly, but it was over 70. He also posted some interesting threads discussing his time working as a cop in Chicago in which he was very honest about the type of corruption that went back on then, he was pretty well regarded.

Then his dick broke and he went crazy and tried to claim that some poo poo heel from Eve was not a pedo, got banned, and then despite everyone trying to talk him off the ledge he had crawled out onto had a very public melt down leading to a BANME and everyone wondering if it was the broke dick that drove him crazy or if he had been like that all along. There was also some poo poo about a dumpster fire of a video game that isnt worth mentioning.

So, basically about what you would expect.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Loose Ifer posted:

I don't know why i'm doing this but i'm able to create a character and log in right now.

You're part of the problem.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
ARCHEAGE PEDOPHILIA

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Haha its weird logging in and seeing all the weird tokens and other poo poo that replaced all the stuff I had before.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Verranicus posted:

You'll be back.

I'm back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
For the record, the news post says these new servers are temporary until they "fix the problem", which I assume means they'll wait for everyone to leave again and then merge it back down to one server.

• Locked thread