Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I don't think so.

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002
:vince::vince::vince::vince:
:vince::vince::vince::vince:

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

ground floor

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe

Boob slider

This is as far as I can get in the amazing Sci Fi Fantasy World of Wildstar.

Edit:

I got to play Wildstar again! This time I made another character!

Robo space elf?

I'm liking the game so far, although the game seems to be a bit short. Once I get to this point, the game is over. Fortunately, Wildstar has a robust NG+ mechanism that allows you to restart the game with none of your previous characters there to clutter your system. This gives you the freedom to make another character, using all of the knowledge that you have gained to maximize your character creation slider experience. No dirt slider though, so I'm forced to take away one star from my review. :(

Lonjon fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Sep 30, 2015

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I made a character and got into the game easier tonight. It booted me to the menu when I tried to leave the tutorial which I gather is a good thing based on the last thread so I give it an A+

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

finally the op this game deserves

mrbass21
Feb 1, 2009
Launched client, Tried to create a character, got stuck, force quit the client.

Maybe tomorrow.

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

Everything's real laggy.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I love the story and art style of Wildstar but am looking for something a little more hardcore... you know, not so casual and easy at the endgame. Any suggestions?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Martman posted:

I love the story and art style of Wildstar but am looking for something a little more hardcore... you know, not so casual and easy at the endgame. Any suggestions?

heat up a spoon over a fire and shove it up your urethra, cupcake

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I had to see what the game was like now, and I have no joke like 40 or so mails with random gear and other odds and ends. I guess my weapon is in there or something because it was gone when I logged in.

Also one of my items is "malfunctioning" and it specifically says I have to put it a ticket with a number to sort that out. What is this mysterious item???

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

whoops lol hope you didn't want to make a dude on the pve server (you shouldn't) (don't play wildstar)

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Pony Avatar

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

sword_man.gif posted:

whoops lol hope you didn't want to make a dude on the pve server (you shouldn't) (don't play wildstar)

That's going to the grand re-opening of a burger joint, they got signs up and everything and the doors are locked.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
sword_man come back to IZ, where you belong

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

We just relaunched but sorry you can't make characters, known bug no eta.

Bananas.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Black Baby Goku posted:

sword_man come back to IZ, where you belong

i'm the trash man, i eat garbage

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

You have to finish attunement before you can make a character.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I know what the problem with character creation is but I'm not going to post it anywhere helpful lmao

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Basically the game is queuing your character because the server is full. So you sit through a queue to get in, and then you sit through a queue to make your character. If you wait long enough at the end of character creation, your character will make is through the queue and you'll be able to play them next time you log in.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

game is garbage btw

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Hardcore login servers just like old mmo's, kids these days want everything without work.

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
it's this thread huh

here we go again

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Rasmussen posted:

We just relaunched but sorry you can't make characters, known bug no eta.

Bananas.

:downsbravo: Well done, Carbine.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

btw they keep calling what they have "Megaservers" but they're not actually Megaservers, as in the actual technology

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Is this poo poo free yet

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
the character creator is apparently free

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

So is character creation hosed on both the PVP and PVE servers or just one of them?

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Unguided posted:

So is character creation hosed on both the PVP and PVE servers or just one of them?

I was able to make a guy on the pve server a couple hours ago.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Babe Magnet posted:

Basically the game is queuing your character because the server is full. So you sit through a queue to get in, and then you sit through a queue to make your character. If you wait long enough at the end of character creation, your character will make is through the queue and you'll be able to play them next time you log in.

Didn't they have this problem during it's real launch?

I'd say I was surprised that Carbine didn't learn from that mistake, but we all know I'd be lying.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

(Goons)

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Deki posted:

Didn't they have this problem during it's real launch?

I'd say I was surprised that Carbine didn't learn from that mistake, but we all know I'd be lying.

I think that's where I'm remembering it from, yeah

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
I was able to play a few hours tonight. Right now the game is almost completely unplayable. If you're lucky, your abilities will fire within 5 seconds of pressing the button. If you're unlucky you can wind up waiting for more than 15 seconds for the server to recognize that you did a thing.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

DoubleNegative posted:

I was able to play a few hours tonight. Right now the game is almost completely unplayable.

I'll give you a hint: That isn't a 'right now' thing.

why did you stick with it for a 'few hours?

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Anatharon posted:

why did you stick with it for a 'few hours?

Sunk cost fallacy, mostly. I waited in that queue for an hour and a half, so I figured may as well see how bad things could get.

The part that baffled me was that the lag was inconsistent in when it affected other players. I would be standing in front of something trying to kill it, watch a dude come up and kill the thing for me, all my abilities would fire off in a two second span, and the other guy would suddenly be running in place 100 yards away.

It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Didn't really enjoy it when someone bought it for me. Doubt I'll enjoy it while it's F2P. Cupcake.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

I took this today

f2p

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Hipster Occultist posted:

I took this today

f2p

Key's still good for a month of premium or whatever it's called I think. Retards were buying boxes en masse because I think you get extra stuff too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pertinent
Apr 3, 2009

Rasmussen posted:

Key's still good for a month of premium or whatever it's called I think. Retards were buying boxes en masse because I think you get extra stuff too.

I don't understand? They were waiting for the game to go f2p so they could spend money on it what???

• Locked thread