Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Bombogenesis posted:

I'm pretty sure it's less a mega server and more some kind of server chimera where they just cobbled a buncha together and figured it'll work fine.

I think they should call it: "Hydra servers" That sounds even cooler.

Loose Ifer posted:

gently caress it i'm installing this tonight.

good loving luck. Theres a 10 hour queue just to try and create a character on the server with people.

E:

Holy poo poo lol still 2 hours estimated. Why am I doing this? I never even played the game I could smell the rear end, but the desperate for something new and free in me wants to try it...
:smithicide:

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Oct 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Kimsemus posted:

I had this piece of poo poo installed from when I bought the game when it came out and was filled with disappointment.

Tried creating a character on the NA PVE server, will not actually load once I hit Enter Game.

So basically this game is as hosed as it has always been.

Made my character and it still wont enter game after the video took 30 tries then when i get in. The servers go down. This thing is poo poo. I got in and its just a cluster gently caress of wtf is going on.

Libluini posted:

Seriously? What the hell were these guys doing during the F2P-Beta? I made a character and bumbled around for a couple minutes in the beta and the character editor was buggy like hell itself. Now I'm hearing the game is out of beta and still everything is hosed?

poo poo, I have to see this trainwreck for myself. Now if the patching would just go a bit faster...

Character editor is grand. I spent 10 minutes making a face for my rockman, login to game and it reset to ar eally fat chin face. Also when you try and click skin color it goes back to the previous menu cause they can't fit their UI on a god drat window.

Holy poo poo this is amateur hour in TOOL 2015.

E:

Lets talk skills too I rolled warrior/soldier and holy poo poo i just spam my 2 skill i got hoping it actually goes off. IT seems to cancel itself a lot for no apparent reason. The only way to get it to work is by spamming the key.

This is awful.

Like I just started dabbling in vindictus again which is one of the best fighting systems I've ever seen for an MMO and holy crap that was made like 8 years ago. This was made by guys who did vanilla wow? Holy poo poo.

Al Borland fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 1, 2015

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Mormon Star Wars posted:

That bug has been in there since launch. IIRC, it's not actually that your characters face is reset - if you relog it will switch between the bugged face and your actual face.

This game will be dead before the year is over.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Finally got in again after they said servers are going down like an hour ago. Now they've gone down again just after I got in. Holy poo poo. This is amazing.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
No hostility here, just bafflement that this game has been out for a year and is this awful.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Anoia posted:

I feel really sorry for the underlings trying to keep all this together cause I'm sure whatever code this game is built on is absolute incomprehensible poo poo.

Whoever is responsible is probably either gone or so unhelpful they might as well be, and the people at the top are busy jacking off and drafting their ~next great vision~ for whatever studio they land at, probably simultaneously.

MMOs suck, but working in MMOs? Holy poo poo.

I get the feeling their engine doesn't even have any comments other than
// good loving luck

// temporary FIX WILL DO LATER - 09/2013 Steve

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
SO i got about an hour of gameplay in. I felt like I was staring at a screen and things happened. I didn't feel immersed or involved at all The questlog screens are tiny chat bubbles you barely notice and frankly, gently caress it I don't want to read this poo poo either okay whatever.

I literally got to play a giant rock man and found it the most boring thing alive. THe UI is a total clusterfuck of bad. So yeah uninstalled. It was amazing but not worth more than what I got out of it.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Cythereal posted:

Stability issues aside, I've hit level 12 and the game feels like a pretty standard MMO so far, if one closer to GW2 than WoW in basic gameplay. I do like the paths system and the game's embrace of a cartoony atmosphere both in visual design and story/characters rather than a grimdark please-take-us-seriously approach like most MMOs, but so far nothing's really impressed me. Most Kill X quests drag on, and while the quick-time events are annoying at least they seem to take pity on you after three or four fails.

You got further than me I got sick of it at lvl 5.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Xolve posted:

Between the non-stop train of maintenance, the soul-crushing lag, getting dropped from the game every time I cross a zone, and intermittent input drops... I just can't be bothered at this point.

Edit- apparently wild posturing is happening on their twitch channel right now as they try to explain server woes, lag, and realm instability.

TL;DR Fat community director dude talks about eating pizza for 10 minutes.

He was the community guy for EQ Landmark from what I remember. Lol

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Verranicus posted:

There's no lag on Entity-2, if that matters to anyone.

They literally named it entity-2? Wow. Creative masterminds.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Anoia posted:

Presented without comment: https://twitter.com/CRB_Buiden

they send a child to do a man's job?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

even worse :barf:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Anoia posted:

She looks sad and malnourished.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Anoia posted:

We've been over this.

All MMOs are poo poo and we are fools for playing them.

We're the abused spouse in a video game relationship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Out of curiosity how many of us are actually playing? I get the feeling most of us are just watching this thread for more disasters and patheticness from it.

• Locked thread