Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I love the story and art style of Wildstar but am looking for something a little more hardcore... you know, not so casual and easy at the endgame. Any suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

You have to finish attunement before you can make a character.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

So, when are they gonna go pay to play?

I mean, Carbine paying people to play their game.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I would guess that they think the majority of MMO players won't read about, notice, or understand the impact of economic bugs/exploits/etc., so it probably just isn't a high priority on their list of a billion things to fix.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I played in the 1.0 beta for a bit. I quickly realized that doing any kind of serious leveling was out of the question (because the game was a pile of poo poo), but for some reason I decided I would make it my mission to unlock every aetheryte crystal. I dunno, maybe they were called something different at that point, but these were basically shortcuts you could teleport to from anywhere (with stupid limitations). I actually had some fun navigating my way through high level areas, and it almost seemed like mobs had been placed just so that it was barely possible to get by without aggroing most of them. So I accomplished my goal, and then I was like "Wow what a dumb waste of time" and didn't touch it until 2.0.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Anoia posted:

Why are you so angry?
Maybe he's been playing Wildstar.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

The Chairman posted:

The angry guy is still messaging me

quote:

I've no doubt you're voting [someone not named Trump].

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I love that youtube video of a Warplot Olivar links to in his review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqbIl2_vuBU

Hmm yes, a completely incomprehensible clusterfuck with some utterly bored-sounding people chatting over it. Sign me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I think liking FFXIV's system of updates is not just about a fear of no content. MMOs in general are plagued by developers actually having no plan, and basically making poo poo up all the time. The regularity of FFXIV's updates and systematic nature have proven to the players not just that there will always be content, but that the devs aren't complete morons, liars, or pie-in-the-sky idea-men.

Like, I'm not denying at all that there has been content that made most players, including me, think "why were they wasting their time on this terrible idea??" (i.e. Lords of Verminion), but the important thing is the perception of communication. Right from its origin as a 2.0 version of a failure, the devs have honestly given players the impression that they'll notice when things are wrong and try to improve them.

Martman fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Apr 27, 2017

• Locked thread