Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Pierson posted:

What is it that keeps Lineage 1 so alive and profitable? Is it a WoW-style sunk cost fallacy (sunk time fallacy)?

Being an almost 20 year old 2D isometric game likely means it is very cheap to produce new content and that you can play it on extremely outdated hardware. I am sure there is enough of a dedicated player base/whales that to keep the game making bank. Also kMMOs tend to turn a blind eye to botters/RMT so those accounts inflate the numbers as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

:staredog:

And that is the type of person Carbine was targeting with Wildstar.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Thumbtacks posted:

The new site's error pages are fantastic.

Blizzard updated the official WoW site and it seems they remembered Cyster.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Elblanco posted:

question is, will it be set in the wildstar universe or not. I'd say yes.

Wasn't there a Warhammer Fantasy MOBA/hero shooter thing that was made using assets taken directly from the failed MMO?

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

RottenK posted:

i still don't understand how someone can be so brokebrained that they not only continue to associate with a child molester but also try to covertly sneak said child molester back into their social circle

"pedos are bad" should not be a controversial stance

If I remember correctly the pedo/BFM was a massive poopsocker and could farm up a lot of mats/loot so the excuse was "he contributes to the guild!"

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Dick Trauma posted:

How is this game (and thread) still going? :psyduck:

EDIT: I just took a look at the first page...

Unlike Battleborn there are enough whales paying/playing to keep Wildstar on life support. When your dev and support teams are like a dozen people combined and you only have a couple (?) servers left it only takes a couple dozen whales to keep the lights on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Mayor McCheese posted:

I remember beta testing Auto Assault and thinking it was pretty cool for what it was. Same with Hellgate London, mostly because I was one of the few lucky people who didn't encounter horrible game breaking bugs or constant disconnects with either of those games. I ended up not buying them since I wanted to wait and see reviews/reactions.

I bought Wildstar on day one. I'm growing stupider with age.

I bought the Collector's Edition of Auto Assault from Best Buy for $5...about a year after it had shut down. I think BB and Wal-Mart had a huge selection of dead MMOs for purchase at one point.

• Locked thread