Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
They overhauled a LOT of stuff VERY late in beta, if I remember right. Crafting I definitely remember being scrapped and completely reworked just before. It seemed like there was a very transparent decision to launch the game just to hit a window (before WOW released their exansion, I think?) no matter what the state of the game.

The UI that tracks my Settler quests crashes every time I 100% complete a zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
Whitevale is a pretty bad offender on the "same 'ol grindy quests" front, with several different quests that seem to send you out to same the same dumb monkey mobs you just killed for the dude at the last quest hub. The only thing that it has on the positive side is the sudden transition out of snow into grass-land with Protostar dudes. (I think it is also where you pick up some funny head gear, like the fez from the freebot running the Wizard-of-Oz style con on a robo-cult, and the mind-control squid that talks to you while you wear it.)

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008

Tarranon posted:

now this is the good poo poo

It's got that one-of-a-kind Carbine flavor...

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
I'm on Entity Exile. I made a guild named Goon Squad last night if anybody wants to join it. Or take it from me. Or whatever. Space Jam was unavailable, so I assume somebody still has that?

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
When you add contacts, you can add by character or by account, I think.

If anybody wants into this dumb guild, just message Manifest Dynasty and then make a dumb in-joke and also register on the off-site and also make an off-site and also put your social security number in the message so I know it's you.

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
Yeah, I'm definitely still playing. Just send a friend request to Manifest Dynasty if you want into the guild.

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008

Rhymenoserous posted:

The automatic trade skill quests at level 10 give you a mining laser. I have no clue how you missed it.

Does that work on farming nodes, though? He's talking about poo poo like Pommelgranets and yellowbells that default to your attack to harvest. (At release, you used a totally undocumented basic attack when you right-clicked a farming node.)

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
Just opened a Chest of Crafting Components and received 5 X "Malfunctioning Item" with instructions in the item description to open a ticket about it. Wildstar.

Edit: It also says to include a number, and it's like 20 digits long, and I can't copy/paste it into the window. Each number is unique. Also it happens with every bag I open in the Icy Daily zone.

Manifest Dynasty fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Oct 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
Allods was a blatant WOW clone, but it had some interesting ideas. Like the reactive damage mitigation of the Paladin. You had a buffer that basically grabbed incoming damage and held it a few seconds before it hit your HP, and you had abilities to reduce in in different ways. Or the psionic character that got a MP cost reduction on your main target (that was chosen by a long cast-time ability).

• Locked thread