Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I know what the problem with character creation is but I'm not going to post it anywhere helpful lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Basically the game is queuing your character because the server is full. So you sit through a queue to get in, and then you sit through a queue to make your character. If you wait long enough at the end of character creation, your character will make is through the queue and you'll be able to play them next time you log in.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

game is garbage btw

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

btw they keep calling what they have "Megaservers" but they're not actually Megaservers, as in the actual technology

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Deki posted:

Didn't they have this problem during it's real launch?

I'd say I was surprised that Carbine didn't learn from that mistake, but we all know I'd be lying.

I think that's where I'm remembering it from, yeah

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Verranicus posted:

It's kind of stupid that subscribers don't get priority queue, and I think it would be something of a dream come true if a Wildstar dev came out and admitted they never actually had megaservers.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

you idiots who keep telling everyone you're just going to play the game to look at nerds and troll the nerds and make the nerds playing the game quit playing the game and make the nerds angry aren't fooling anyone

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

RottenK posted:

careful with talking about elin, you might summon that pedophile from the ffxiv guild

you might have to be more specific

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

CoffeeBooze posted:

What happened to the MEGASERVER™

it was never an actual MEGASERVER™

they just called their server that internally and then started calling it that externally. It has no relation to the actual Megaserver technology ANet uses

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Why do you think

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

That's happening to almost everyone apparently. The game doesn't recognize something about your character (an armor piece, a bag, etc.) and then it boots you back to the menu because it can't load you in lol

this is a different bug than the one that wouldn't let you make a character in the first place

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

It gets worse once you actually get to play

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah they don't possess server roll-back technology.

They gave most of the heavy offenders a slap on the wrist and a mean look, but didn't, you know, take their ill-gotten money away or anything lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

well right now if you fight large amounts of mobs at once, apparently their deaths cause your client to poo poo itself and you lag super hard and all your moves get queued for like 10 seconds as more and more deaths pile up

one of the early solo dungeons apparently is completely based around killing large amounts of poo poo at a time and it's pretty much unplayable lol

generally though the flaws will start getting more and more apparent as you level. Stats will be retarded, gearing is stupid, dungeons are bad, quest zones are bland and mobs bounce between boring and over-tuned, the community thins out, and all along the way you're going to be dealing with stupid poo poo like bugs that were recorded since beta and framerate drops for no reason other than Carbine can't optimize anything

and every time you level up some idiot yells at you and the game's writing is loving garbage

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Oct 5, 2015

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

who said it should be looked up to?

also don't princess shame, please, even if you're bitter about being REALLY into wildstar at launch.

PSO2 is a garbage game for garbage people

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

you could always get an anime avatar and then people would just stop taking your opinions on anything seriously lol

though agreed, played it about as long as I played Wildstar (the beta) and PSO2 is way better

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yes

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

sign me the gently caress up

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

You could just give him yours.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Yeah can't wait for poo poo to go haywire in the upper difficulty levels.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

but, also, yes, the awful sense of humor, obnoxious presentation and ugly art style did nothing to help any of the problems mentioned

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

that's the game with the weird cylinder-based action bar combat right

that game was cool

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

discovering poo poo in Age of Wushu was rad as hell, it took us forever to realize that you can raise your relationship with various NPCs so everyone immediately rushed to max our relationship with an NPC named Wang Dong or something like that

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

you won't have to worry about it eating too much of your time up, either, as it's probably not going to be any good

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

CoffeeBooze posted:

What was the population like while you were playing?

Sad

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Invective disbanded lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah goon mmo drama owns

• Locked thread