Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I made a character and got into the game easier tonight. It booted me to the menu when I tried to leave the tutorial which I gather is a good thing based on the last thread so I give it an A+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
If you go on the wild star reddit it's all posts about how they're glad more people aren't playing and those who are trying and expect to actually be able to log in are entitled and it's a good thing they won't stay around.

Bitcoin the game?

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Uh excuse me but have they fixed the issue where the women were not making my peepee tingle in the right way?

Also I'm not racist but have they fixed the issue with the lack of racial purity? Not racist.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I'm going to try to play it in a few minutes

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I played for a few minutes and then the game disconnected me. Apparently getting loot causes a lot of lag? Seemed that way to me anyway. My favorite part was the pop up to tell me I had daily log in rewards every five minutes even though I had already claimed them, second favorite is that my low level bags were already full before I got back to town from my first batch of quests making inventory worse than vanilla WoW.

This is basically WoW but you have to aim and hit 1 to autoattack at lower levels.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
What the gently caress did the gruff cowboy's pregnant wife I found in the tutorial really die in a terrible spaceship crash and he's just like "ah gosh dern it my dang wife was on that ship shucks".

I had to stop playing last night after the ship blew up so maybe there's more to it than that?

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Anoia posted:

Nope! She's never mentioned again outside of "I'll get them dang dominion bastards for this consarnit I tell you what we exile sure are western as sarsaparilla yesiree bob."

Wildstar!

Hardcore

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
There must be some mod on reddit deleting everything negative because there is just no way they are this happy about the game. It's ok for servers to be constantly broken, pvp server population is healthy, the game is good, etc. On the plus side they currently have less obvious pedos posting than in this thread!

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Ok good to know I'm not crazy. I have voluntarily played like half an hour of Wildstar so I need to check you know?

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

The Chairman posted:

After removing a thread that called people "fanboy faggots":

Please start also deleting the ridiculous over the top white knight posts too so we can have a good balance of crazy rants.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
One week from now when every single employee has either quit or had a mental breakdown the Carbine management will turn off the servers and replace the Wildstar homepage with a picture of a cupcake with a dude flipping you off drawn with icing.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I just tried to log in bu couldn't what game should I play instead?

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
^^^ I thought it was obvious this was the case.

So will I have to make a new guy and miss out on whatever the hell my amazing one of a kind log in bonuses were?

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Stanley Pain posted:

Hahahaha this twitch stream is so insightful to how they run things. They basically just caught themselves in a gotcha moment, re: # of characters per realm, what happens after merge (you get 4).

Carbine basically run fully on the poke and hope model. Whoopsie hehehheh we did a thing heheheheh.. Whoopsie.

So I should go make two characters per server?

I mean assuming I have already disregarded what I really should do which is not play.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Al Borland posted:

They literally named it entity-2? Wow. Creative masterminds.

It's supposed to be a temporary server so it seems like naming it [pve server name]-2 would be simpler than dealing with morons who are confused and angry about where their beloved home server went post-merger.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I played for awhile with no issues on the second pve server, turned it off for like 10 minutes, then tried to log in with a new character and I just keep getting kicked back to character select after I made him. This will be my third character without paying them anything so maybe they caught on and put in a terrible "fix"?

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I'm playing on some asteroid where some weird old lady's husband is shipwrecked and apparently I need to wait for someone else to join before I can finish? I thought I was in some solo instance but apparently not, and after doing all this poo poo I have to wait for another chump to wonder in before I can finish it. I'm only level 6, who thought this was a good idea?

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

The Chairman posted:

The "waiting for 1" prompt means that there's some checkpoint the game is waiting for you to stand in before the instance can continue.

Very good communication game! I followed the quest direction arrows to the exact spot they pointed me to and ran around in that area for about ten minutes before giving up

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Remember when that guy said mildstar? That was great.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I tried to play this on the main pve server again last night and while there was no queue any more it was still pretty laggy at times and then my cat walked across my keyboard and turned off the interface. I couldn't get it back on even after looking up the keybind online so I called it a night.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I think he puts world of warcraft "team lead" as his former title when really he was just a senior art guy who had a couple junior artists under him or something.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

ArtIsResistance posted:

woah a new thread title were the posters in this thread wrong about Wildstar shutting down? How surprising!

Three months to go.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

ArtIsResistance posted:

I'm just saying it was funny that there used to be a Wildstar thread saying the game will shut down and a bunch of goons were posting in it and now years later there's a thread that doesn't say that but a bunch of goons are still oddly posting in it

It hasn't been a year yet the dream is still alive. Where is this "years later" coming from? I don't get what your laughing at it's not like this game has proven any naysayers wrong.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I think wildstar shot through the regular timeline in less than a year and we've just been repeating things now until it closes.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
It looks like wildstar will still exist in 2017 and that's just amazing well done everyone

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Truga posted:

officially not the worst any longer

Wildstar has already flopped though. I guess they mean shut down?

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Mr. Neutron posted:

WoW had that too in the Worst Expansion (according to this forum, anyway). It was removed for...reasons.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I don't remember ever being able to pool up daily rewards in wow other than the emissary thing in the latest expansion.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
We didn't sell enough copies of our game that wasn't out yet and wasn't really for sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I saw that game announced and they all called themselves former wow devs and don't mention the shame of wildstar unless you go read their bios.

• Locked thread