Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I quit playing this game because I was tired of playing it by myself in big empty ghost-town world, does this mean people are actually playing the game again? For the servers to come down someone would have to actually be trying to use them right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm starting to think maybe they're doing this on purpose so the game can die with a bang instead of a whimper

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I swear to God this poo poo wasn't this much of a trainwreck last summer, what happened

Is it because they fired all the devs and outsourced maintenance or what?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

John Dyne posted:

They made some pretty big changes that sincerely were not stress tested. Yeah they had a stress test before the F2P launch with the then-current live build, but the F2P build added and changed enough poo poo that I'm sure the server is just going 'lol what'

I mean, everyone is moving faster now, everyone has login poo poo that is being tracked now, you are getting newbie areas getting hammered, more currencies per character.. I wouldn't be surprised if characters vanishing was because they couldn't find some call or something to a new thing on the character and so they assumed the entire character file isn't there.

But I'm not a programmer (most I've done is work with Deku, ROM, and SMAUG) so I'm basing this entirely off of an ill-conceived notion of how poo poo works.

See, these are all the kind of thing that professional engineers should be able to see coming ahead of time

But they fired all those people and outsourced game maintenance to who I guess are a bunch of complete incompetents

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Stanley Pain posted:

LOL AMP unlocks weren't like this before? WOW. Hardcore Talent Trees indeed. I can't imagine having to hunt down mobs or NPCs, etc to unlock those.

The goon guild (back when there was one) had a bunch of them stashed in the shared bank, I p much just used those

I think crafting got you others somehow??? I don't really remember

• Locked thread