Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mrbass21
Feb 1, 2009
Launched client, Tried to create a character, got stuck, force quit the client.

Maybe tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrbass21
Feb 1, 2009
“If you’re not building your game with a free-to-play model in place, you could turn around and just kind of slap a bunch of kind of hap-dash systems on there,” Donatelli says, “but we wanted to make sure we were doing it right so it’s taken us quite quite a while to actually transition.”

Glad we avoided that train wreck! Is that the first time that they tried to do something right?

mrbass21
Feb 1, 2009

John Dyne posted:

Is there some way to add friends by account name rather than per character? I didn't think they had a system for it, even though even loving Cryptic does.

Yes, it does. I haven't played since the month after release and when the wife and I decided to kill time and make new characters on the PvE realm (our original characters were migrated to the one PvP realm), she was already in my friends list. So that, at least, has been there since launch.

I don't remember how I added her. I'll test out next time I play and let you know.

mrbass21
Feb 1, 2009

Baba Ganoush posted:

I sort of wanted to try Wildstar again now that it's F2P but someone convinced me to buy a Mac sometime within the last two years

Is there any way to play on a Mac? I don't want to go through the trouble of setting up bootcamp for this game

I think its Windows or bust.

• Locked thread