Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
In as Anita Sarkesian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Stanley Pain posted:

On the PVP server queues are popping within 2 minutes in the first 3 brackets so far. I've basically levelled via PVP alone. It's the only thing I "play" in this game. :shobon: If you're on the PVE server you deserve the scrublord carebears ;)

How do you queue for pvp? edit: figured that out. Is there a way to quick swap between skill sets or whatever they're called?

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Oct 3, 2015

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
All I can think is: what kind of poo poo do people do with an asset that can cause this? Graphics settings causing login issues? Jesus.

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Oct 3, 2015

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Please. They're probably fixing typos, semicolons and commas.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
Not making monster death something that scales well is a significant sign of lovely programming. Here's something that is guaranteed to happen constantly and endlessly, and instances are suddenly where it goes to poo poo?

This isn't like "ok, we had a graphic glitch". This is like "here's a core part of the framework, we never really figured out what to do with it".

Unless this is a known engine problem I'd be highly confused how this became an issue, and I did notice it being awful in that instance as well.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
So what exactly happened to wildstar re:economic bug. Was it ncoin duplication or something?

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Stanley Pain posted:

The rune system is a freakin' hilarious mess. I like for important slots in my gear to either be a) RNG b) Cost $$ or c) ALL OF THEM. Still enjoying PVP as a stalker though. It feels good watching the trainwreck from the inside :derp: :supaburn:

Is there really anything else worth playing? I tried everything except warrior and only stalker truly clicked to me.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
First GIS result for scarlet blade:

https://youtu.be/6p1n_N3qQdg

:barf:

Accurate?

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

I how this is the only post in the thread from Holyshoot.

Manifest Dynasty posted:

I'm on Entity Exile. I made a guild named Goon Squad last night if anybody wants to join it. Or take it from me. Or whatever. Space Jam was unavailable, so I assume somebody still has that?

Kinda need to give out character names for this. Add me folks and I'll do social hilarity and parade around being awful goons in an awful game. Account name: blowme

V: yes, I think they call it "player name". No other details need to be specified, it'll find em if it's the only name. I'm on Entity, and it's Manifest's guild I presume?

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Oct 9, 2015

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Nope but I do now.

:magical:

I'd emptyquote this, but the comedy remains either way. Who wants to actually make the guild/a guild for general fuckery? Apparently dynasty isn't playing, or isn't looking at the social tab.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

DisposableHero posted:

So on the subject of performance I was experiencing some real issues with FPS in some areas and wasn't sure what to tweak. however I found that the shortcut for the game goes to the 32 bit client by default. However there's a 64 bit client available in the install directory. Running this fixed all of my frame rate issues.

Holy poo poo, this is a giant impact to me as well. 60FPS 100% of the time (Vsync) now, much better.

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Oct 16, 2015

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
I have to say, the amount of trolling this game provides, through PVP and zone chat is amazing. I'm glad I chose anita sarkesian and zoe quinn to name my characters. Any other suggestions to keep the trolling going?

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
I've had people go "HOLY poo poo YOU PLAY THIS GAME?" as well as SJW's hate messages in open world zones. It's seriously almost as good as world of tanks trolling.

Snatch Duster posted:

Wildstar IsBAd

Are you going to actually post anything to this thread aside from reminding people this game is poo poo? Some of us are trying to entertain ourselves by getting 12 year olds angry on the internet.

V: for wildstar? I don't think anyone actually has been saying the phrase in game. It's mostly just stockholm syndrome of CARBINE IS GOD FORGIVE CARBINE.

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Oct 16, 2015

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Stanley Pain posted:

Got to level 30 via pvp only. Now the gear disparity really starts to shine. Thanks Wildstar for the 26ish hours of "fun" you provided.

Yep, I hit 26 on my stalker and uninstalled.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Morglon posted:

It's probably one of my favorite movies but come on, that's just dumb.

What do you expect? This is pretty much society in general:

"poo poo is happening"....oh look!!!!! Entertainment items/news!

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

John Dyne posted:

Trying so hard not to offend anyone about anything. 'This is not a hate post! Don't get me wrong, I love everything, but everything needs to improve. NO OFFENSE'

I can't tell if it reads more like someone with autism, someone under the age of 13, or both. I expect the next post from the person to say they cosplay their wildstar character or that they believe wildstar is real life

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

iRoNgHosT posted:

I'm really surprised there isn't a goon guild for this game.
So, this is where things were:

You had to pay actual money to have premium in order to create a guild.
:psyduck:

I can understand a lot of monetization but this is basically anti profits . "Guild limit of 500 without premium" or some other separation would've been fine, but none at all basically makes it harder for people to organize and thus get x number of your friends interested in the game. Etc.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

MisterZimbu posted:

Eh, being on a server with a faction imbalance can suck.

The real reason that it won't go away is because faction transfers are more than likely a major revenue stream for Blizzard.

Fairly sure I recall them making it not free to discourage people from doing it and saying so before BC was released.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Truga posted:

Wrong DDO I think.

Also, the correct DDO isn't a good mmo, but it's a very good co-op game to dungeon crawl in with friends IMO. One of the rare online games that still has proper character builds (and allows you to make a completely gimp character that can't do any content past level 3 :v:).

No, he had the right ddo. Gygax did voices for a dungeon in it?
vvv: I thought he meant dungeons and dragons online not dragons dogma?

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Nov 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Minrad posted:

fwiw, wow usually has super short maintenance now like most other companies. They finally updated from whatever ancient set up they had previously and even major patches involve like, 1-2 hours of downtime at most now.

Rift's concept was and still remains way, way ahead of the time for downtime. I recall a goon worked for them but wouldn't tell me how they did it. Probably a really smart HA/testbed.

I recall multiple patches taking >2hrs recently. It wasn't just their update speed but consistent return to stability as well.

• Locked thread