Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I don't think so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I love how the diehard fans have gone from decrying F2P to calling anyone complaining about the server issues scrubs for not "understanding how the megaservers work".

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
It's kind of stupid that subscribers don't get priority queue, and I think it would be something of a dream come true if a Wildstar dev came out and admitted they never actually had megaservers.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Loose Ifer posted:

Are you a subscriber?

Nope, I'm subbed to FFXIV though!

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Yeah, but they don't. Forums are full of people I know to be subbed saying they have 3 hour queues.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Huh, I haven't had to wait in a queue at all when logging in with a character I already made, and I've been playing a couple of days.

It's gotten better since early yesterday, for sure, but what's the point when you log in to unplayable lag?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I've actually seen a few of the former diehard white knights of the game on the forums start to come around and realize "wow maybe this isn't okay and they are just loving up a whole bunch" recently, which is nice, but those same people who were screaming about the casualization of the game and F2P are now the ones telling people to shut up whenever they complain about this train wreck.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Wow, goons getting mad over nothing ITT.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I got temp banned from their forums for saying:

"Warhound will be empty again within a month, so if you need a high population roll on Entity."

In a thread where some guy was asking what server to roll on for high populations.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
For those actually interested in playing it the lag is less terrible right now.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Clarste posted:

Before or after the server imploded (again)?

It's still up for me.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Servers are going down for 3 hours at 5AM EST. Perhaps a fix is in the works??? Maybe??

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
What's with the OF attracting so many idiot gimmick posters. First it was Olivar and his constant "in character" posts, now there's some tool named Madda who starts every sentence with "Madda thinks".

EDIT: I just logged in and it's as un-laggy as it's been, so if you wanna play try now.

Verranicus fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Oct 1, 2015

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I actually like what they did with changing the challenge rewards. The stupid roulette thing pre-F2P was pointless. It does feel like they nerfed progress gained in challenges for F2P players though.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Goons who randomly bring up pedogoons so they have something to get outraged over in unrelated threads are worse than pedogoons themselves.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Golly this is a bad first impression to give people they desperately need playing to keep the ship afloat.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Apparently the Wildstar RP community ordered pizza for the devs. Huh.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Happy Sisyphus posted:

I uninstalled see you all next trainwreck

You'll be back.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
They just posted announcing new servers.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Dolphin Fetus posted:

How are the dungeons? That's kind of a maker or breaker for me, I like to try raids if possible but I mostly do dungeons. That's one of the reasons I keep coming back to WoW because I have so much fun leveling new classes in dungeon finder. I couldn't get into Guild Wars 2 because of the (IMO) awful, bland dungeons.

I honestly might give this a try. I tried downloading EQ2 because I wanted to try something kinda different from WoW, maybe a bit more hardcore in the vein of BC or Vanilla, but my computer just wouldn't run it well for some reason. I got several classes to cap in FFXIV but the game just left such a sour taste in my mouth. I know people here swear by it and love it but it just felt like WoW without cartoony graphics and slightly worse combat.

Not good.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Guys Carbine should just wait for all the non-dedicated players to quit we don't need new/bigger servers!

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/134175-we-do-not-need-another-servera-bigger-server/

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Why do the devs have my little pony avatars on the forums?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Cythereal posted:

It's two characters period as far as I know. Then again I've never been able to log into the PvE server due to 2-4 hour queues.

It's 2 per server. Which brings up the question: what happens if you're F2P and have 2 characters on servers set to be merged?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
There's no lag on Entity-2, if that matters to anyone.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
If nothing else, people should make 2 characters and get them out of the starting ship tutorial so that when the merges happen you have 4 slots instead of 2.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Gameko posted:

Even if I manage to log into the game, I get booted once I change zones. I assume the ultra-low graphics fix has to do with some kind of weird inactivity timeout they implemented to help keep the servers clear during this...the high-effort relaunch.

I just want to reiterate a sometimes-made point for this thread: this game had a germ of fun in it. These godawful technical issues and the grognardy devs who treated the playerbase with open contempt ruined it. That and the clueless implementation of endgame.

So many missed opportunities...but such is the landscape of MMOS.

Edit: Tried ultra-low settings but that doesn't work for me. Spam-logging the server eventually paid off but each log in requires about 3 minutes of loading during which I get massive resource spikes which slow down whatever else I might be trying to do. Not worth it.

Yeah, changing the settings didn't work for me either.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Why exactly are parts of the default UI/game listed as addons? It seems pointless to be able to disable the group finder. It's like the perfect way for an idiot newbie to gently caress their game up and has no positive use.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

meanwhile I've been playing pso2, a game I am technically not allowed to play because I'm not in japan, and having zero issues.

lol wildstar

also I feel like star citizen is stealing carbine's thunder here, but I think that might be a good thing. at least wildstar exists.

I tried PSO2 a year or two ago but my PC then wasn't very good, I wouldn't mind trying it again. Has the translation gotten any better? Do you know of any guides to setting things up and such?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Comrayn posted:

I'm playing on some asteroid where some weird old lady's husband is shipwrecked and apparently I need to wait for someone else to join before I can finish? I thought I was in some solo instance but apparently not, and after doing all this poo poo I have to wait for another chump to wonder in before I can finish it. I'm only level 6, who thought this was a good idea?

I solo'd that like a week ago, so unless the F2P transition broke something this is your fuckup and not the games.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Oh my god, the PVP is so bad. Nothing feels like it does any damage.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

West Ham Sandwich posted:

It's almost like every MMO that isn't purely made for pvp has awful pvp. :shrug:

I like the PVP in WoW and FFXIV.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
All MMOs are bad. You can't make fun of one without making fun of them all.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I run FFXIV at max settings and it hovers around 60-120 FPS, Wildstar has trouble keeping 60FPS at medium-high, and at max can dip to below 30. What the hell.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I tried to get into the game, got to level 12 or so and just got bored. The questing is mediocre to bad, stats are still dumb (early example being I kept getting weapons and armor from the first few quest hubs that were better than rewards from quests 3-5 levels later, PVP is a terrible Christmas themed laser light show where nothing feels like it's doing any real damage.. I mean, I'll probably force myself to level cap a character because I'm stupid like that but drat.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Extra posted:

The PvP really is a gigantic clusterfuck of constant AoE spams and it's really really bad. Like I thought Warhammer Online was bad about AoE spamming but Wildstar takes the concept to a whole new level. I played for a few days and just called it quits. When Vanilla WoW's PVP is deeper than your recently released MMO that's a big problem.

Battlegrounds in WAR were legit fun to me. I've seen people praise Wildstars PVP and I just don't understand. I can be sitting there spamming every ability I have on a person and their health won't drop below 50%. Nothing feels like it hurts them. Add to this the "everything is an AoE" philosophy that I already dislike and it's just awful.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
On the off chance that anyone remembers her from the Wildstar official forums, I just encountered FranBunnyXII over on Overwatch so she somehow survived the two deaths of Wildstar.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Anoia posted:

Is she any good

Not the worst D'va player I've seen, but after I told her I used to laugh at her insane rambling on the forums and asked if she actually changed her name like she said she did she got personal and started trying to hunt me down, but we ended up winning anyway.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I tried to give WIldstar another shot when it went F2P but the game is just so visually noisy I couldn't make it past the 2nd zone. It gave me headaches and trying to figure out where to go and what to do felt like a chore, and like others have said I couldn't relax for a drat minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

CoffeeBooze posted:

She is legit crazy and has a long history of doing this type of thing. You really dont want to try to engage with her on any level, its far better to just sit back and watch the poo poo hit the fan. The fact that she actually used to be worse than she is now is pretty disconcerting.

Oh I know, I remember her threads. I was just amazed at the coincidence of ending up in an Overwatch match with her and had fun poking the bear. Not like I tried to be her friend after or anything.

• Locked thread