Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo
http://massivelyop.com/2016/03/11/wildstar-loses-more-staff-donatelli-speaks-out-about-his-illness/

Cut China release, 60 or so more layoffs. Hope you're doing okay, Cyster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Honestly if all the people they've been laying off are the PvP/Raid/Have You Seen Warplot designers then it wouldn't be the worst decision they've made.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Rhymenoserous posted:

The Raid guys actually made some neat raids that 95% of the playerbase never got to see. Like if you were say a heroic or above raider in WoW's last expansion, you absolutely would have adored Wildstar's raids. But heroic or above raiders aren't anything like a majority of the population. The majority of the population spends their day gathering daffodils, doing dailies, running old content, queue for a BG or two, and then maybe they'll do LFR.

I was pretty big on housing stuff in the game but the stuff for that was too sporadic to keep me around. Waiting months for new items and having them locked behind PvP stuff? Nah. And it doesn't matter how good the raiding in the game was, when you launch with this:

I don't think there's any way to recover from the perceptions that it ingrained on people as far as raiding goes.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

That is insane but not surprising. I mean Carbine advertised Warplots as a major feature of Widlstar. It was touted as something that made their game unique from everyone else, yet it seriously got zero support after it was implemented?

It gets even crazier than that (unless it's a lie, who knows). From what I heard the people that went on to be developing Warplots heard about it the same time we did: When one of the higher ups announced it randomly at a convention somewhere. Spur of the moment, no planning or preparation whatsoever. There wasn't a warplot team or anything, someone just decided it sounded like a good idea so let's run with it.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Most people seem to be in favor of dropping the faction walls, which a few exceptions.

quote:

I dont like the Idear of dropping Faction Barrier, im not interrestet in playing with chuas.

What would we fight for in PvP? Dominions are our Enemies and not our Friends.

Well, poo poo. Checkmate, Wildstar.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Guild Wars 2 and Blade and Soul. Must be an NCSoft thing.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

John Dyne posted:

lmao the review pinned to the top is from Olivar, who is one of those guys who has never shut the gently caress up about the game ever. I think he was the guy who always pretended to be a Chua with his posts, too.

The comments in it are pretty much what you'd expect.

"I just fear steam users are not ready for the challenge though :D"

No one is ready for the challenge of tolerating Olivar.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

It's true. As hard as it is to believe, the people posting on the steam board are the exact same people who post on the wildstar forums with the exact same attitude. None of them are self aware enough to realize that they sound weird enough to chase potential people away from the game.

Langosta Whiteman posted:

Swear to god the people who made this game gave no thought to how actual people work.

Oh they knew exactly how the people work... Who still play the game. They just thought there would be more of them since they're always the loudest demographic.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Anoia posted:

Source your quotes.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/376570/discussions/0/364039785161043827/#c364039785164008098

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Doesn't sound nearly aggressive enough to be Lethality

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

noELrunes posted:

They've reset the reviews so there's nothing there now :smith:

There wasn't one in the first place, you were looking at what we in the business call a photoshop. Give the game a few months after it actually launches on steam.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

The worst part is you just know that another MMO will take the wrong lessons away from this. Instead of 'Maybe focusing on ridiculous hardcore raid content with outdated mechanics is bad' they'll come away with 'They just weren't hardcore ENOUGH!!'

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

LordSaturn posted:

What is ghosting in this context?

GMs set to invisible mode to watch the people raiding.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Mizuti posted:

Why are people talking about Warcraft when this nugget is here? I know that FTP games have to earn revenue, but this boggles me.

1. The game is two years old: restricted race/class combos and horrible leveling is a relic of WoW-era design and shouldn't be a thing you pay to bypass in a new game. 2. Those are some high prices for a feature just now implemented in a game that's been blatantly bleeding out since it launched.

Should charge at least double, tax the people who play aurin and chua

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Pierson posted:

Didn't RIFT also go full-on pay-to-win with max-level gear in their real-money store?

You might be thinking of AION. Or hell, maybe RIFT too.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Verbose posted:

People still play Aion? That's a shock.

Is Age of Conan still a thing?

Age of Conan is a funcom game. I'm not sure if funcom games can die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

onesixtwo posted:

Didn’t this get released in China? Is it successful in that market, at least?

They were going to and then I think they didn't. Then they laid off most of their staff.

• Locked thread