Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

So is character creation hosed on both the PVP and PVE servers or just one of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Stanley Pain posted:

I'm pretty sure you said that being a pedo is bad but graphicall representation of said pedo things is A-OK. :thumbsup: ... So Please Kill Yourself.

Let's not forget the "they have adult minds" argument was used as well.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Degs posted:

It reminds me more of Pixar-does-space than orcs-in-space.

Not enough dakka for that.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Libluini posted:

I'm still angry they axed moxie.

I just love that word. Moxie. Best stat ever. :3:

Go play Kingdom of Loathing.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

It's 2015 and there are still PvE MMOs that don't instance their gathering nodes.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Asimo posted:

Dear Goons, please don't play Wildstar, it is bad and broken and unfun.

You can trust me, I have willingly played Star Trek Online so I am an expert at recognizing bad MMOs.

One thing's been bothering me, how broken are Wildstar pubbies compared to STO pubs?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Could be worse, the GW2 brigade could be coming in to defend their lovely endgame.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

1.0 Shroud.jpg, I thought 2.0 Sylphlands was bad until I saw pics of the original Shroud.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

RottenK posted:

are they roleplaying nazis

Nazis about roleplaying or roleplaying as Nazis?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Anoia posted:

I'm just sad WildStar getting thrown on the trash heap that includes Defiance is gonna make developers even more gunshy when it comes to straying from the tired old fantasy formula to make a sci-fi MMO.

I want to waste my time and money in a sci-fi setting drat it. :(

I'm surprised a ton of sci-fi games aren't nearing release because of all the money that went into Star Citizen preorders.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Anoia posted:

Leveling is especially repetitive. You have to collect a ton of poo poo to power up your weapons, and so on and so forth. Lots of bullshit a la FFXIV's Atma weapons, basically.

The PvP is really fun, that's about the only thing BnS has going for it.

Specifically the arena. Arena PvP is fun but world PvP is really bad right now.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Attunement should just be a quest that gives some explanation about the theme of the raid.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Wildstar dumped a ton of items into the $1 tier of the latest Humble Bundle offer.

quote:

Bag of Big Beginnings (16-slot bag)
Housewarming Gift Pack (Housing Decor)
Flask of Advancement (XP Potion) 1x 3hr
Shardspire Canyon Fabkit (Jump Puzzle Challenge)
Blue Steel Hoverboard with Flair (Mount)
Housing Teleport (Immediate Access to Housing)
New Homesteaders Allowance (5 gold)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Baron Porkface posted:

Has anyone itt ever played a warplot?

Saw a video once. It looked like a MOBA inspired clusterfuck.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I don't think I've ever seen a game push the daily reward on the logout screen before.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The wildstar server would generate more revenue at this point if it was wiped to make a CoH revival server.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

http://steamcommunity.com/app/376570/discussions/

Not even /r/wildstar shills this hard.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I remember ArcheAge had something similar as a lockbox reward.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Mayor McCheese posted:

My favorites are the cash shops that rent you cosmetic items. Even better if there's no option to permanently buy it.

My brother once dumped cash into costume rentals in Maplestory. He has amazingly bad taste.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Minrad posted:

http://steamcharts.com/app/376570#48h

three days of growth before the player decline

i love steamcharts

There goes their last ditch effort to get a few more players.

e: forgot they were also doing a humble bundle thing at the same time.

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jun 15, 2016

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

DeathSandwich posted:

I don't think anybody like nor cares about Wildstar enough to pay for the FFXIV treatment. Also aside from that, I can think of about 3 other games I would rather see get XIV-ed first.

I'd play a CoH 2 that learned from the mistakes and successes of other MMOs.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The dumpster fire consumed the last bit of fuel and is now smouldering until it gets hauled away.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The real question is how does Heroes of Newark still exist and does it even have a playerbase?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Morglon posted:

Oh please that poo poo got unbearable pretty much the second you started doing it. Enemies were designed to be as annoying as possible, that entire place was horrible and probably designed by someone who really wanted you to not waste your time on that game.

You want to do your quest? Wade through all this trash. You don't want to kill the trash mobs on the way to the quest? Too bad, they all have poo poo like skills that slow or pull when you try to get past them. The whole area was tuned for group clears even though it's not worth doing as a group.

I stuck around from launch until the giant enemy crab island event where it was apparent that the endgame design philosophy wasn't going to get better. It's a shame, GW1 was a great MORPG.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

They can't even break the thousand player mark on a Friday afternoon in the middle of summer.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I think the smart plan would be to wait until everyone's bored with WoW's new content and try to leech players away.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Bieeardo posted:

It was stable, and the dev team was both working on new toys for players and fixing the mess Cryptic left, but it wasn't a spectacular stable. Only a couple of NA servers had particularly high populations, and at least one was a ghost town. There were a lot of die-hard players, and going two-tier F2P was netting them a modest profit, but they weren't attracting huge numbers and NCSoft already had a history of axing games developed in north america with little provocation.

I feel bad for anyone trying to fix code Cryptic's devs worked on.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Wildstar: They killed CoX for this

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Berious posted:

It's impressive how much wilds far is failing holy crap. I'll have to check our the death march sub Reddit

Don't bother, they're in denial and any talk about it dying gets deleted, the No Man's Sky subreddit is the same way.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Nearly time to change to Wildstar: Inexplicably still "alive" a year later

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Probably Dune.

Also, 5th Element went to that resort planet.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

What does Blizzard even care? They've got Hearthstone and Overwatch now.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Wildstar is inexplicably still getting content updates
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/283173/NEWS_WildStar_to_get_content_update_in_November.php

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

We say they'd be better off putting City of Heroes back up so much it might as well be the thread title.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I didn't even know APB still existed.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Rhymenoserous posted:

I have to give FFXIV credit where credit is due. There's some slutty armors floating around, but it puts the men in those armors too.

My ilvl 230 tank gear has tit windows. And I'm a dude.

Last I heard they were working hard (heh) modeling the male version of the bunny suit.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

D&D Online is a better choice if you want to replay an old MMO. Decided to replay it a few months ago and tried the Temple of Elemental Evil module, it was a nice change of pace from MMO dungeons that are just straight lines to bosses.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The Temple of Elemental Evil dungeon is a good example of that, it's not a linear run like regular MMO dungeons but a huge building full of optional areas filled with enemies and chances at loot.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

RottenK posted:

Can you link the source for that, something tells me that the official forum community of FFXIV wouldn't take the news well and i want to see that.

It was during one of the Q&A streams, either fanfest or the last producer letter, I forget which.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

What they should do is announce a spacefaring expansion that takes the players to new planets, then go full Star Citizen and give players who preorder the promise of exclusive spaceships that will unlock when the expansion comes out.

• Locked thread