Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
I was able to play a few hours tonight. Right now the game is almost completely unplayable. If you're lucky, your abilities will fire within 5 seconds of pressing the button. If you're unlucky you can wind up waiting for more than 15 seconds for the server to recognize that you did a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Anatharon posted:

why did you stick with it for a 'few hours?

Sunk cost fallacy, mostly. I waited in that queue for an hour and a half, so I figured may as well see how bad things could get.

The part that baffled me was that the lag was inconsistent in when it affected other players. I would be standing in front of something trying to kill it, watch a dude come up and kill the thing for me, all my abilities would fire off in a two second span, and the other guy would suddenly be running in place 100 yards away.

It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Kuai posted:

Why do 90% of posts in the Wildstar reddit seem like they come from a Carbine employee?

https://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/3o6wxq/its_been_11_years_since_ive_felt_like_this/

I glanced at the title of the top post on that subreddit. "I wish I didn't have to say this but please stop reporting posts you personally disagree with as "sexualizing minors."

The gently caress is happening over in bizarroland?

• Locked thread