Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
But you can be a female Poporo. It's Elin, they're just renamed for the US client

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

queeb posted:

ive played up to like level 7. so far its ok, nothing crazy but some parts are kinda fun.

Just wait until Whitevale, it all goes downhill one you hit there.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
So how long until that is fixed and everyone has 50s of every class and doesn't get any sort of slap on the hand for it

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

I said come in! posted:

Extra posted:

Except they patched it out like an hour or two ago:
https://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/3o59m5/any_word_on_the_bg_exploit/cvu9tku

Nope, it's still in the game

Classic Carbine.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
These are people that haven't gotten to Whitevale and don't want to play TERA saying it's fun. Also brain damaged dumb idiot fuckers.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

I'm pretty sure ESO at least functions most of the time.

I actually think that makes it worse.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
To be fair as much poo poo as we give this game it's just below average now instead of a flying hell turd like it used to be.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Verranicus posted:

Battlegrounds in WAR were legit fun to me. I've seen people praise Wildstars PVP and I just don't understand. I can be sitting there spamming every ability I have on a person and their health won't drop below 50%. Nothing feels like it hurts them. Add to this the "everything is an AoE" philosophy that I already dislike and it's just awful.

From everything I remember it's like this until 50, when suddenly it becomes the exact opposite and everyone starts one shoting each other and becomes a different kind of unfun time.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

hit button posted:

Minorkos I agree your post was terrible, mainly because it falls into the common trap of assuming there is some platonic ideal form of mmorpg, instead of just understanding the pretty basic concept that different people like different stuff.

I mean you're saying you want Dark Souls as an MMO which is cool, and personally I agree with a lot of your personal taste, but its in the same thread where you had a bunch of people bitching because the levelling content in wildstar actually meant looking at the screen and occasionally reacting to poo poo.

Actually you could be brain dead for most of it. Leveling was boring as all hell because every monster had four times the health it should have.

The only things that could actually kill me where those loving deer.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
Woops double post.

Lant fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Oct 26, 2015

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
This is going to end up like TNA Wrestling isn't it? Where it is terrible for years but somehow doesn't die ever.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
drat RIGHT IT IS CUPCAKE

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

RagnarokZ posted:

Just googled it, good grief, that looks like dog poo poo.

You can yell at skeletons and become better at psychology and then turn off all of the lamps in town for XP. If that doesn't sound like the perfect game to you I don't know what to say.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
Housing should be a skill type where you become a house and get abilitys like creak and raise water bill.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Pierson posted:

There's probably a big effortpost somewhere about old MMO players always chasing that same feeling they got at age fifteen the first time they logged into UO/EQ1/WoW Classic and so end up buying ever more marginal MMOs hoping this one will be the one to capture the original magic.

I actually got this in Rift tho and I was like 19 when I played that. Then Rift had an expansion and oh boy ahhahaha.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
Not just going full out pay to win but almost everything in Storm Legion onwards had a ton of bugs that just didn't get fixed. It's a real shame because it was one of the few more modern MMOs that did a buffer/debuffer role really well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
Just wait until you fight murder deer! Unless they fixed (heh) their net code it should be death if you don't know what is coming.

• Locked thread