Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I remember reading about a day in the life of a bleeding edge raid member, and how he'd wake up at 5am or something to do the daily WoW chores, go to work, and then raid until like 1 or 2 in the morning. At the time, however, this was only for two or so weeks, at which point I guess his schedule started to resemble a normal human being's. I dunno how it's like now in the "off-season" or whatever, but artifacts definitely add a higher grind for alts. You can get the boost to the grind immediately as items exist for alts to do just that, but when you have loving 4-5 alts that's still quite the time commitment to keep them all relevant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Since we were talking firefall earlier: http://www.red5studios.com/2017/07/firefall-closure-announcement

No warning beforehand either. Apparently as recent as May they were working on a PS4 port.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Rhymenoserous posted:

CoH was a Cryptic game, which means downright stupid gameplay but really good customization. It was pretty bad.
Yeah but they eventually stopped working on it to make a slew of underwhelming mmos, and I hear the new team did some good stuff.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I assume the game is making enough money that there's no reason to shut it down. Maybe if another upcoming MMO needed servers or something then NCSoft would be quicker to pull the plug, but the genre's prospects are dead as hell right now so that isn't an issue. Also, most of their updates are just poo poo that was supposed to release on a monthly basis after launch, so they aren't actively making a ton of content and just polishing stuff that's been around for literal years at this point. I remember communities being discussed during launch.

• Locked thread