Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
Really don't get all the hostility here.

Pretty obvious that Carbine, or more likely NCSoft, underestimated the interest the game would have for F2P and the two servers (Mega-Servers don't mean poo poo without numbers) are getting bent over the railing and torn up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

Reason posted:

Its the same as it was, just free.

So... A game that's actually pretty good but had some glaring HARDCORE-related issues which have supposedly been fixed?

I mean the actual gameplay has never been bad, and it's really annoying to see so many of you being so jaded about the game. There wasn't enough planning done to prepare for this many players, or not enough funding given. New servers is probably a Big Head at NCSoft going "poo poo, this thing is more popular than we thought. Give them money and people!"

Having recently gone through WoW for the umpteenth time, I don't see what makes the questing really any better. Kill this, kill that. Click on this thing, kill that big thing etc. WildStar at least feels fast and actiony, when it isn't lagging. That's the big thing I guess, WoW can play fine when you're lagging like hell but you can't hope to complete a challenge when it takes 6 seconds for the server to recognize you killed a thing but the timer keeps counting down.

I'm honestly hoping that they get this settled down with a new server, always found the game to be a fun silly thing.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

Yeah as much as you guys like to poke fun, you're kidding yourselves if you'd think the entire team isn't running around trying to desperately fix things.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

*Golfclaps* I like many parts of the game and would like it to succeed with F2P instead of fail, that doesn't make me a shill. Grow up guys.

I mean hell if they can get the servers to stop making GBS threads themselves it's honestly one of the better F2P options available. My experience with SWTOR was horrible, what else is there? Rift?

• Locked thread