Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Seriously? What the hell were these guys doing during the F2P-Beta? I made a character and bumbled around for a couple minutes in the beta and the character editor was buggy like hell itself. Now I'm hearing the game is out of beta and still everything is hosed?

poo poo, I have to see this trainwreck for myself. Now if the patching would just go a bit faster...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Network Error: Unable to Connect.

Well, gently caress you game I'll go update my CV instead of playing video games now

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Al Borland posted:

Made my character and it still wont enter game after the video took 30 tries then when i get in. The servers go down. This thing is poo poo. I got in and its just a cluster gently caress of wtf is going on.

Character editor is grand. I spent 10 minutes making a face for my rockman, login to game and it reset to ar eally fat chin face. Also when you try and click skin color it goes back to the previous menu cause they can't fit their UI on a god drat window.

Holy poo poo this is amateur hour in TOOL 2015.

When I made a character in the F2P-Beta, I couldn't really take a good look at my char, because a giant robot girl was glued into the middle of the podest and messed everything up. The race that robot belonged to couldn't be selected and when I started with some kind of small intro to test my controls, I freaked out because another guy had spawned directly into my character.

Then I noticed this character was the opposite gender standard version of my character's race. He was totally immobile and disappeared into the ether after I finished the short intro and started the prologue. I guess the game had for some strange reason created a lifeless gender-switched copy of my character. I just wish I had remembered to make screenshots, because this was glorious. :shepface:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Loose Ifer posted:

I'm on the PvE server as Small Weewee if anyone wants to level together or something this weekend.

Considering the servers seem to be down again, I don't think this will work out.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Yeah great, but it doesn't really help if the 20 minutes happen multiple times a day. I'm not that interested in trying the game

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Rasmussen posted:

I really wanted to try PSO2 but because I can't speak moon I didn't have the energy to get it all set up and fan translated etc.

The same here. Which is a shame, Phantasy Star is one of the rare things which would motivate me to try a MMO.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I haven't played at all yet. I think this is the fourth day in a row I'm getting nothing but network errors.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Stanley Pain posted:

That's actually the best part of the game.

Apparently, when I let the game update and patch to the newest version a couple days ago, the launcher just stopped one version short and settled me with the last beta-client again. Some research and looking closely at the client in-game made me finally aware of that fact. So the reason I couldn't connect to the game was my faulty assumption I could actually depend on the launcher patching up to the right version.

Now I have deinstalled everything and started installing everything fresh: With the beta-version scraped from my HDD, the launcher now actually installs the "real" client. Since this is taking also hours, for some reason, I can literally shutdown my computer the minute the install is finished and try playing again tomorrow, on day 5 of this shitshow. Another day, another try.

Bullshit like this makes me very, very happy I never paid any money to the makers of the Wild Star. And it also makes sure I'll never give them money in the future, period.

Let's see if I can actually make a character tomorrow. Or if one of my beta-characters survived this mess. If I get network errors again however, I'll put this loving company on my blacklist of devs to avoid, right under EA.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Rorus Raz posted:

Haha, that's them just ripping off a running gag from WoW. loving amazing.

(For those who don't play WoW: usually every expansion has a junk item that is some form of trashy romance novel)

Isn't that a parody of 50 Shades of Grey? Looks like they at least put a single thought into this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Anoia posted:

I would like the person who thought the new stats were better to be punched, too.

Just do the classic str/dex/sta formula, have them feed crappy secondary stats, stop trying to reinvent the wheel when your idea for a better version of the wheel is 16 squares.

I'm still angry they axed moxie.

I just love that word. Moxie. Best stat ever. :3:

• Locked thread