Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Making a character. Have waited about 10 minutes so far since pressing Enter Game. Wildstar F2P.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Restarted the client since it wasn't making a character the first time. Stuck again on the second go until I lost connection to the server due to inactivity. Nice of Carbide to prevent me from playing this lovely game.

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

SpaceDrake posted:

Last page, but part of it for me personally is how it was handled - it was This loving Industry at its worst. Paragon Studios was just truckin' along with patch development, including what were shaping up to be some really meaty, attractive updates that might've even segued into a new expansion, and then the axe just came down mid-development with no warning or indication at all (rather nearby to a holiday, too, if memory still serves). The game was even in the black - not by very much, not really showing huge numbers for ~the investors~, but it was producing profit and keeping people employed and players happy.

The CoH shutdown was terribly handled, and yeah, I do still nurse a bit of a grudge over it. If nothing else, I can never quite forgive being that lovely to your developers/employees.

Admittedly, this doesn't help.

Also, hope you're keepin' on, Cyster. Still want to see the housing system of this game go into something better.

It seems a bit wierd to shut off an mmo still in the black. While yes you can allocate those funds elsewhere, mmos are really about permanence and that really seems to show that they have no care for that.

• Locked thread