Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Sep 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I actually played this again for the first time since beta last night. Lots of bugs still around from beta (keybinds with modifiers not working is the biggest one). Pretty sure the latest build also has a ton of regression because, Carbine are dumb.

Played a bit of PVP which seemed, dare I say it, fun. The PVE side of things can go die quietly in a corner for all I care. I'm going to go kill myself now.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Spent the day trolling true believers. 10/10 Would zone chat again. I was constantly called a complainer because I would point out bugs, bugs that have existed and have been documented since 2014. I love these people.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

kater posted:

filled with unparsable danger zone garbage.

New thread title right here. Yes, this is basically Wildstar The Game. Google some Wildstar Raiding videos to really push your eyeballs out of your head.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I'm playing on the PVP server. Who wants to kill noobs? :suicide:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
For anyone who is still shocked that Carbine are complete and total morons, let me re-iterate: If you think things are bad now just wait for a few patches. It'll get worse.

Also, if you just wanna check the game out roll on the PVP server. Hit lvl 15 just playing the PVP scenarios. Between the lag and getting disconnected from 1/3 of the scenarios, it's a great time to be playing Wildfarts.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

cathead posted:

edit: Oh I guess if there's nobody on the server then there's no queue either

It's this. :shobon: The server feels pretty full though. Less than 2 minute queue times in the 6-14 and 14-29(??) brackets. 0 queue to actually get into the server. From what I've seen exploring the zones there were always 10+ people around and the settler upgrades always built in the little towns and stuff.

Today will probably be the last day I play because I'm already getting kind of bored.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
You got a level. gently caress YEAH!

gently caress YEAH, LEVEL UP!

CUPCAKES!!!!

If Carbine weren't so completely incompetent there are hints of a decent game in here somewhere. If they had removed 1/2 of the aoe/cone/side cone/crazy cone/super mega aoe cone targeting and instead made the attacks projectiles for ranged or hitbox based for some melee that would have gone a long way. If there's one thing I wish GW2 would take from this game is the action combat mouse lock mode thingy. Anet have some really stupid design decisions as well. That being said:

In reality, you should probably just play GW2. It's basically Wildstar done somewhat better.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Arthil posted:

Really don't get all the hostility here.

Pretty obvious that Carbine, or more likely NCSoft, underestimated the interest the game would have for F2P and the two servers (Mega-Servers don't mean poo poo without numbers) are getting bent over the railing and torn up.

The hostility towards this game is VERY well deserved though. People aren't in here complaining about launch day things being broken. There are literally things from 2014 STILL broken in this game. Things that have been well documented. Launch day shenanigans just add the cherry to the bullshit pie.

KaneTW posted:

I posted that I like Elin some time ago, someone dug a bunch of those posts out recently and posted them in various threads, goons were goons. Look in the previous Wildstar thread if you care.

I'm pretty sure you said that being a pedo is bad but graphicall representation of said pedo things is A-OK. :thumbsup: ... So Please Kill Yourself.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

KaneTW posted:

Yes? It's not real. It's literally a fictional creation, no one is hurt by it existing. I condemn actual real life pedo poo poo because it hurts people.

:stonklol:

So you're ok with depictions of children getting raped, as long as it's not real? Or the over sexualization of a character that looks like a child (Elin, etc)?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Verranicus posted:

Goons who randomly bring up pedogoons so they have something to get outraged over in unrelated threads are worse than pedogoons themselves.

T..T....Tokaisan?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
What I'm really outraged about are these loving queues.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
So many things just happened I don't even know who or what to quote. :suicide:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Gildiss posted:

Please don't gently caress the queue unless it is over 18.

Not a problem with Wildstar. They are all over 1500 year old demons.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
This game keeps getting more better...

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

quote:

NA megaservers are back up as of now. EU megaservers should be up soon.

quote:

EU megaservers are now up!

quote:

Looking into issues with character logins on NA/EU right now.

:sotw:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Make sure to be very vocal in Zone chat about things you dislike. There's hours of entertainment to be had there.

Best response so far has been in response to me talking about a long standing bug since beta (keybinds getting messed up when you login). The response was "well if you don't like it, code your own MMO".

Having put a couple of days into the game, there are definitely some good things hidden within. It's really unfortunate that those good things are so drastically overshadowed by a lot of bad design decisions and straight up incompetent development. The amount of regressions they create after patches, and such is staggering and really shows that they are basically in "poke and hope" mode. You can't really be angry because it's downright comical.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Crumpet posted:

Edit: Oh and PVP in this game may as well be nonexistent - it sucks and nobody plays it.

On the PVP server queues are popping within 2 minutes in the first 3 brackets so far. I've basically levelled via PVP alone. It's the only thing I "play" in this game. :shobon: If you're on the PVE server you deserve the scrublord carebears ;)

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rasmussen posted:

Which faction are you Stanley?

Exile. Made an Elf Eared freaky whatever the gently caress called Anime Princess ;P

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
LOL AMP unlocks weren't like this before? WOW. Hardcore Talent Trees indeed. I can't imagine having to hunt down mobs or NPCs, etc to unlock those.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
It's very obvious that they have a HUGE memory leak somewhere and they have no idea how to fix it. My best guess is that one or more of their DBs is running out of memory and that's when poo poo really hits the fan. The lag could very well be coming from their item/character DB just running out of memory and then paging like a mofo and not a CPU/Network performance issue. They're probably on rotational disks instead of SSDs too because SSDs aren't hardcore enough. :engleft:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Whatever the issues are, one things is certain. Wildstar continues to serve laughs.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Hahahaha this twitch stream is so insightful to how they run things. They basically just caught themselves in a gotcha moment, re: # of characters per realm, what happens after merge (you get 4).

Carbine basically run fully on the poke and hope model. Whoopsie hehehheh we did a thing heheheheh.. Whoopsie.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Moon Monster posted:

PSA: The PvP server will be completely dead once the queues for the PvE server are gone.

LOL if you think I'm gonna play it that long..

Clarste posted:

Oh, hah, there's a bug with the level 25 dungeon making a boss unbeatable since the things you need to kill to move don't spawn.

Heh if you think that's a bug, cupcake.

Stanley Pain fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Oct 2, 2015

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Anoia posted:

Their solution for the character select kick loop is... set your graphics to ultra low and then log in.

This loving game.

A fun game to play is count how many times their twitter feed mentions servers and looking into. Do a shot for each word or word pair. I'll see you next week.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Levelling PVP gear was nerfed. 1/2 the stats now compared to the pieces I already bought. LOL.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kimsemus posted:

Are you serious? Why the gently caress did they do that?

And now it's back to normal? Odd. I think the gear I had bought had really messed up stats and potentially why they did a reset. Had like 900+ pvp power/def on my weapons...

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
New drinking words for the day:

Hotfix and megaserver. :cheers:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Libluini posted:

I haven't played at all yet. I think this is the fourth day in a row I'm getting nothing but network errors.

That's actually the best part of the game.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Xolve posted:

On the livestream, their 'sneak peek' at their War Room showed a bunch of dell laptops that looked like an old Unreal Tournament LAN party circa 2001.

Hey dad can we borrow your boardroom? Thanks!

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Changing any/all of the default Carbine Addons to 3rd party ones can net you 10-20 FPS, because Carbine are poo poo. HTH.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Anoia posted:

What addons? Just all the ones on Curse?

Forge UI is the biggest one since it replaces a TON. My understanding is the Unit Frames and Nameplates are the worst offenders

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mayor McCheese posted:

Holy poo poo if this is true. :psyduck:

Their entire UI is addons, most of which is horribly coded and CPU annihilating. Not only does ForgeUI replace a good chunk of it, it adds more features on top of running better :shobon:

I'm unironically enjoying the PVP game. Sit in Thayd, queue for PVP basically do nothing else.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I'm logged into facebook too. Stress testing mah rig and all. :clint:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Strangely enough the PVP is the best part of the game.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Pretend I wrote a paragraph here about how wrong in the head people are re: grinding content in games == good or something.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The rune system is a freakin' hilarious mess. I like for important slots in my gear to either be a) RNG b) Cost $$ or c) ALL OF THEM. Still enjoying PVP as a stalker though. It feels good watching the trainwreck from the inside :derp: :supaburn:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

phosdex posted:

I asked in zone chat if carbine had given any compensation to signature players for all the server troubles over the past 16 days since f2p launch and all I got was a bunch of carbine apologist replies. It was really weird.

Zone chat is the greatest thing Wildstar has given us. Praise be the channel. I think I spent my first 2 days trolling zone chat. I ran into the exact same bug I had in beta (keybinds not working with modifier keys). I posted a link to a bug report from 2014 and asked how/why this wasn't fixed yet. Responses ranged from "Works for me so no issue" to "You should go code your own MMO if you know better".

I'm not usually one to actively troll these days, but Wildstar really, really made it fun again.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Anoia posted:

And how often do people angrily whisper you instead of addressing you in zone chat?

Often enough and sometimes with much verbosity. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Holyshoot posted:

screen shots?

No, but next time I login to do some PVP and troll I'll see if anyone bites :). Maybe I should code an addon that dumps chat into a text file. :v:

• Locked thread