Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

Verranicus posted:

It's kind of stupid that subscribers don't get priority queue, and I think it would be something of a dream come true if a Wildstar dev came out and admitted they never actually had megaservers.

Are you a subscriber?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

Stanley Pain posted:

Spent the day trolling true believers. 10/10 Would zone chat again. I was constantly called a complainer because I would point out bugs, bugs that have existed and have been documented since 2014. I love these people.

gently caress it i'm installing this tonight.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer
The game can't even come back to life, how's it supposed to die again?

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer
I don't know why i'm doing this but i'm able to create a character and log in right now.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer
I got to level 10 but the lag is pretty horrible. 5 seconds for anything to register. I think i'm gonna pull my fingernails out while i wait for them to fix it.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer
I'm on the PvE server as Small Weewee if anyone wants to level together or something this weekend.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

CoffeeBooze posted:

Is Twitch really the place for the lead software guy to be right now?

Yeah you'd think he'd be cleaning all the grease out of the databases

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer
Idk we'll see what happens tonight with the servers. I'll probably keep trying to play this game because i have fun running around and killing things and following the lovely quest lines. Idk, it's not worse than playing dungeon fighter online or wow or anything. it'll calm down and be fun again. chill out.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

Comrayn posted:

It's supposed to be a temporary server so it seems like naming it [pve server name]-2 would be simpler than dealing with morons who are confused and angry about where their beloved home server went post-merger.

I'm probably going to reroll on that cause i only got to level 10. Is that for the PvE server? I mean it's just a game and the launch might suck but it's kinda whatever, play a different game for a little bit and try it another time or something lol

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

Verranicus posted:

If nothing else, people should make 2 characters and get them out of the starting ship tutorial so that when the merges happen you have 4 slots instead of 2.

You can skip the starter ships by picking wildstar veteran in character creation.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer
I got to level 10.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

Standing8 posted:

So Wildstar bashing aside, are we putting the goonsquad back together?

You need to be a premium subscriber to make a guild thing.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

John Dyne posted:

Man I forgot about making an engineer. I played one back in the original beta but got into being a spellslinger in live. They're both really fun classes.

Yeah i'm thinking if i ever log back into the game i'm gonna make one. Which server/faction are most people playing on?

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer
I'll be on tonight because i hate myself.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer
Is anyone gonna be on tonight so i can get invited to the guild thing, i want an audience for when i kill myself on livesteam.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer
Well i got to level 50 on the PvP server. I've just been running dungeons and stuff and trying to figure out how to group for the weird daily quest zones they have. End game seems like a complicated mess currently. Drops are pretty lame and bosses only seem to drop one piece of loot, or sometimes none at all. Idk i've been playing dress up and i look dumb as hell. This game is still dumb but the content is new to me so i will continue to waste my time.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer
Since there's no goon presence on PvP, i'll probably just end up rolling on PvE again. Anyone know if you can transfer from PvP to PvE?

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Did they include an option to skip the long Taxi rides, or am I misremembering the F2P hype?

It's instant now.

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

John Dyne posted:

I had to suffer through my taxi rides. Luckily if I pull out my headset all other sound except Wildstar goes to my speakers so I can just not have it play.

You can fast travel now but it's loving expensive compared to the taxis. How do you make them instant beyond fast traveling from the world map?

Alt-F4

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer

Firstborn posted:

Is there a documentary about where this game went wrong yet?
Also, should I play it now? I never tried it before. Is it free yet?

It's free, it sucks, it doesn't make money, just play blade and soul to get your mmo fix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loose Ifer
Feb 1, 2002
It's Swelling!
Grimey Drawer
edit: wrong thread

Loose Ifer fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Feb 19, 2016

• Locked thread