Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

John Dyne posted:

Mind if you disliked it for any of its other core gameplay, like the combat system and the art style, then you're going to want to just pass on by. They've simplified some of the game but at its heart it's still an action MMO where you have to dodge enemy attacks and combat takes multiple rotations, just now you don't have to worry about interrupt armor (and at the same time, don't get the bonus damage from the interrupt armor break.)

I thought the bonus damage was from interrupting a cast-time ability. The interrupt armor was just there to make it require multiple abilities and/or players to get to the "your interrupt spell actually interrupts the ability." For what you said to be true they would have had to remove cast-time abilities from all the mobs or changed the way moments of opportunity worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003
poo poo I completely forgot about trigger fingers AMP. What it did was make it so every single time you cast your "auto-attack equivalent" it'd reduce ALL your cooldowns by .5s. All of them. Yeah obviously every single spellslinger was going to need this amp, so obviously it was the rarest loving thing in existence. It was a mega rare drop from picking some particular reward satchel from completing challenges, so you could loop around Malgrave doing challenges nonstop and filling your inventory with these loving satchels and get a bunch of useless poo poo for your effort. Supposedly it could drop anyway, I sure as poo poo never saw it until they did something to drastically increase the drop rate and the price plummeted to something reasonable in like a day.

Then they changed the cooldown reduction so it affected damage abilities differently from utility abilities and broke the UI display for your utility cooldowns completely and that was pretty much when I gave up on this game.

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

Magmarashi posted:

mining nodes sometimes turning into giant worm bosses that lead to time-limited harvest tunnels are rad as well,

The best part about this was when the game was new and botting was rampant, those tunnels weren't instanced so you'd spawn in and some dude would just be teleporting from node to node hoovering up all the poo poo. Wildstar.

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003
The home building wasn't buggy and yeah you had to pay some modicum of gold to renew your "plugs" (plots) that you put your minigames or resource-generating things on like once a week but none of the poo poo you placed expired. The gently caress are you talking about. I could log in and gently caress around inside my massive cupboard and skyway platforming place right now. Then I could click like four total times and use my garden and fail at the protostar training thing if I really wanted to. The housing was solid and some of the poo poo that people came up with was genuinely impressive.

The quests were just some quests and I have no idea the gently caress the story was about but yeah nothing wrong with the housing.

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

Anoia posted:

The duping bug came from housing, specifically the gardening plots.

Yeah wow one of the resource-generating plugs had a bug for a while that let people literally farm lots of gold. That has approximately dick and poo poo to do with housing in general.

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

Martman posted:

Maybe he's been playing Wildstar.

Haven't actually felt the desire to try out the game again, strangely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003
No you could probably list a hundred things about the game that were obtuse or stupid. The reward structure of the adventures and dungeons punishing groups for making mistakes (which contributed to the incredibly toxic nature of the playerbase), the opaque and idiotic rune things for gear, the underwhelming nature of player power increases as you gained gear, the random-drop AMP system, grinding up ability points, bugs that were reported and known yet existed for ages and weren't fixed including some which made it effectively impossible to play your class properly, bugs that wiped people's progress and couldn't be fixed without doing it all over again, oh and the economy getting completely borked by exploits that couldn't actually be rolled back I mean jesus christ.

There was/is good stuff in the game but I do not believe for a second that just releasing more content faster would have saved it.

• Locked thread