Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

We just relaunched but sorry you can't make characters, known bug no eta.

Bananas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Hipster Occultist posted:

I took this today

f2p

Key's still good for a month of premium or whatever it's called I think. Retards were buying boxes en masse because I think you get extra stuff too.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

So now that wildstar is 'reloaded' what did they add or change in the end game for people that don't want to bust their balls in raids?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Verranicus posted:

Servers are going down for 3 hours at 5AM EST. Perhaps a fix is in the works??? Maybe??

It's gonna take the intern at least 3 hours to delete all the characters by hand. 'hey presto no more queue problems!'

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Since nobody can currently play the game can someone please explain the Tokaii meltdown? I remember be was a retired dude that played lots of MMOs, but haven't seen him around in ages.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Is the PvP/Group Finder (is there a group finder?) cross-server? If it was I guess you could roll dominion on the PvP server and level that way with no queues, since everyone is exile. Who am I kidding, I doubt they are cross-server.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Which faction are you Stanley?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

My friend has been trying to log in since the f2p launch. I warned her, but alas. She finally gave up today and uninstalled after finally getting to play a few hours last night only to be greeted by the infinite login > char select bug today.

Almost a full week and people still can't log in lol.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I really wanted to try PSO2 but because I can't speak moon I didn't have the energy to get it all set up and fan translated etc.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

There has been a flurry of hotfixes in the last 12 hours. They must have bribed the guy that knows the code base to come back and fix it.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Morbidmind posted:

So after installing the game a few days ago I've been unable to play without deleting the game files and reinstalling again. I did some digging to figure out what the hell was going on with it and apparently its a common issue for Windows 7 users. Oddly enough I've found a work around, and its using hotspot shield. No other proxy service will work, just hotspot shield. Can someone explain this poo poo to me?

I had this issue back at launch when I was trying to play. I think I had to do some host file fuckery or something similar to fix it.

e: There were a few threads about it on the official support forum at the time, I do recall.

e2: Did any of the goon guilds actually do any of the raids? I quit shortly after I hit 20, so wasn't around for long after launch.

clone on the phone fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Oct 5, 2015

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

She needs a cupcake.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Let them enjoy it if they want. There are plenty of bad games to mock.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

A lot of people got burned by the launch hype, yeah.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

John Dyne posted:

lmao I went back to look at this so I could link it to a friend and I just noticed their Q4 2016 forecast for Wildstar is a big fat goose egg. I was so focused on the tiny numbers I didn't even register that NCSoft doesn't expect the game to make them any money.

They're shutting down the game at the end of 3Q16.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I haven't played this bad game in about a yeart but when I had to remove my auth I just sent them a support email and it was removed in about 20 mins without any more questions. I agree that is probably more effort than it is worth though.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I think a lot of the problem was requiring several rotations, using dodges, stuns, and interrupts for almost every mob while leveling. It became a real grindy chore when you have a bunch of buttons to press every time. You never really got to feel powerful by mowing through mobs.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Orv posted:

Given that League makes a jillion dollars a day it probably is.

Yeah lol easily makes more money than wow by far. Although is was sad to hear riot sold themselves to Chinese money launderers.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Flumbooze posted:

I'd say it's going pretty steady so far.

Sometimes I really miss this game, the housing was so loving good.

There's only one server now right? I mean it's not breaking any records, but there will be people to play with.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

A good superhero MMO could possibly do well now with all the marvel etc movies and stuff in the mainstream. CoH would probably be a bit too long in the tooth to attract a large community though - it would have to be something more modern in features and qol.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

The thread that keeps on giving.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

noELrunes posted:

Nah. That was the archage thread once upon a time

I almost, almost wish I played that but I think I dodged a bullet.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Shy posted:

hold on, character boost? didn't it kill wow?

Yes clearly wow is dead. loving laugh out loud.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

It is something people have been asking for since launch but in typical ncsoft style they are charging for it.

Carbine & ncsoft deserve each other.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Literally any other MMO would be a better use of your time, but your time will still be wasted playing an MMO.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Warhammer had the offensive/ defensive target thing and while it was slightly fiddly it was pretty cool.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at the ncsoft board meetings when they discuss wildstar.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

80 staff at carbine? I would say less than 10.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Morglon posted:

Oh please that poo poo got unbearable pretty much the second you started doing it. Enemies were designed to be as annoying as possible, that entire place was horrible and probably designed by someone who really wanted you to not waste your time on that game.

I loved GW2 until I got to Orr and the endgame consisted of doing loops of the map in a big blob of players forever.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Those people made the game.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I remember when they made the cat girls' butts smaller there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

is there a goon presence in this game? my friend started playing this game again and I had bought it when it first came out.

Not even goons will play this game.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

It's immensely profitable, more so than ever before and that's all that matters to the people making the decisions.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Blizzard makes more from in game purchases now than it ever did through subs, and that's just WoW. Hearthstone and Overwatch microtransaction revenue is astronomical on top of that

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

They are everything you mentioned. I believe they are referred to internally as 'value added services'.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

If they relaunch under a different name and strip out all the MMO bullshit and work on the combat, sorta like the secret world is doing then it might stand a chance. It'll be a totally different game but that's all that can save it now.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

The in game currency will be 'cupcakes'.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Byolante posted:

Imo people view wow as something polite people don't talk about enjoying, like anime or having a bat. FF14 people are the weebs who explain why madoka isn't actually paedo bait to you at a party.

Spot on

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Game bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

A friend told me he logged in a few days ago during primetime and there were four people in the capital city.

• Locked thread