Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Stanley Pain posted:

Also, if you just wanna check the game out roll on the PVP server. Hit lvl 15 just playing the PVP scenarios. Between the lag and getting disconnected from 1/3 of the scenarios, it's a great time to be playing Wildfarts.

Wait why do you have to roll on the PvP servers to do the PvP scenarios? Aren't there only like 5 people left on that server how are you even getting games to pop?

edit: Oh I guess if there's nobody on the server then there's no queue either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

So is this just the "complain about whatever other MMO I was playing and then ponder how it still wasn't as bad as Wildstar" thread?

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Hahaha that guy's like "wait... ok gently caress this I'm out"

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

I think the saddest thing about Wildstar is there were a number of parts of the game that were actually kind of cool, and a lot of the dumb poo poo could have been sorted out after release with some commitment to shifting the scope of the game a bit and proper communication with the playerbase. I mean hell, even a little bit after release I was still sort of on board with the game thinking "well if they handle this smartly they can address some of these problems pretty easily and recover".

Then they took a machine gun to their foot and continually made the dumbest loving decisions imaginable and gave stupid patronizing responses to their playerbase almost every step of the way. Pretty soon even I was like "ok gently caress this, that was the exact opposite of what you're supposed to do". Like I'm pretty tolerant of silly MMO bullshit if I can still find some ways to have fun with the game, so if you're even losing me then it's REALLY bad. I mean they actually doubled down on the bullshit and acted like people wanted changes because they weren't ~hardcore~ enough. CANT GET GOOD? DO U NEED A TRAINING DUNGEON, CUPCAKE? Wow, imagine that, when you cater to 1% of MMO players... that's not enough to actually run a profitable MMO!

I mean they seem to have finally gotten a bit of sense and fixed the game up but at this point it is FAR too little too late.

Also thanks for (probably) delaying BnS's western release with your lovely game, assholes.

• Locked thread