Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

pertinent posted:

I don't understand? They were waiting for the game to go f2p so they could spend money on it what???

wildstar target audience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

AbrahamLincolnLog posted:

Yeah, pretty much. Ever since Wrath they've been trying to do one expansion a year; except they've failed every time and so that's why every expansion past BC has had a year+ stretch of no new content. Wrath had that little one boss "hold over" raid but that was dumb, which IIRC even Blizzard agreed with and said they should have just kept working on the expansion instead.

Hell, with WoD, they claimed they "doubled" the size of the WoW development team. We see how well that worked out. WoD is pretty much universally considered to be the worst expansion, and on paper has by far the least amount of content.

With Legion they have finally thrown in the towel and admitted they will never be able to do one expansion a year, and are sticking to one every two years, and have sworn we won't run into 12 months of nothing again.

But who knows. Maybe I'm cynical but I'm waiting until we're a year into the expansion with actual content on the horizon before I get my hopes up. :v:

Was there even an expansion where there wasn't a yearlong drought of content before the new one? Because I am pretty sure that has never happened but people keep believing this time will be different because

• Locked thread