Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Al Borland posted:

Made my character and it still wont enter game after the video took 30 tries then when i get in. The servers go down. This thing is poo poo. I got in and its just a cluster gently caress of wtf is going on.

Character editor is grand. I spent 10 minutes making a face for my rockman, login to game and it reset to ar eally fat chin face. Also when you try and click skin color it goes back to the previous menu cause they can't fit their UI on a god drat window.

Holy poo poo this is amateur hour in TOOL 2015.

That bug has been in there since launch. IIRC, it's not actually that your characters face is reset - if you relog it will switch between the bugged face and your actual face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

I'm downloading this game and I blame you all, especially Dyne.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Hahaha, wow, the Wildstar community is still terrible. There's a thread on the forum where a guy is complaining that dying armor at max level takes 1-3 plat per slot on the armor, and asks for advice on how to get this crazy amount of money so he can dye his gear. The community response is Wildstar as heck:

quote:

Play the long game. You play MMOs for years, potentially. Play for the community and the fun, try new things and come back to that stuff with the gold you've earned.

quote:

Yea, kind of hard to use FFXI as a bench when it's been cited as one of the worst MMOs ever developed that it's only success point was being driven by the FF IP.

quote:

You're right Jeff, [raiding in wildstar] incredibly simple and easymode for face rollers. in FFXI you couldn't dream of Endgame optimization unless you were literally one of a hand full of players in the most elite guilds. The vast majority of the player base could never hope to optimise their characters because of the sheer resources you needed from Dynamis to craft your relic weapons and armour. The same can be said about many more MMO's then not.

Perhaps I'm just old fashioned, but rerolling a few runes and spending a few plat to optimise gear is nothing compared to collecting 30,000 rare raid drops just to start stage one of 5 on a single relic piece.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Hey Cyster, any way to butter up the QA guys into looking at the international patching issue affecting MENA / New Zealand players?

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

I would be posting while playing except for the bug that makes it so that some international customers (in places like New Zealand) can't patch the game without a vpn.

I had one good day of playing!

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

What is the state of the classes?

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

noELrunes posted:

Its me. Wildstar gets picked over me for binges until 5am in the mornings. :smith:

I'm actually finding Warrior kind of fun?!

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Did they include an option to skip the long Taxi rides, or am I misremembering the F2P hype?

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Al Borland posted:

Out of curiosity how many of us are actually playing? I get the feeling most of us are just watching this thread for more disasters and patheticness from it.

I'm playing.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Stormgale posted:

Eh if you enjoy raiding and can get the people together wildstar's raids are on par with WoW's it's just somehow maintaining 20-40 people which is the worst part

Honestly, I could see Wildstar overtaking Rift's place with f2p players if they make more improvements.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Rhymenoserous posted:

I hope it works out. I'm still playing just because I enjoy the raid content. But I literally log in only to raid. That makes me a poor customer, and I certainly wouldn't cater future content towards people like me. The key is to get the like it or not "Bad" players involved in your content.

If that means LFR so be it. Also legit feedback: Christmas event was bad. The Skymall took too long to complete, and the rewards were ugly as hell. People liked the Halloween event because they could be in and out of the event instance in about 15 minutes and the costumes were fun.

Also more costumes for the cash shop. That stuff is selling like hotcakes when it looks good. That latest set? Didn't look good.

It would probably help if you could preview dye on cash shop gear (and resize the preview window) too. At some point I got a free set of the chrome armor? It looks dumb as heck in the tiny preview window in the star, but changing even one part with dye makes it look pretty rad.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

quote:

The first topic that we’d like us all to discuss is faction barrier.

Dropping the faction barrier is certainly something that we’ve talked about internally, but we see that you lots of you have been talking about it as well. Here are some possible discussion topics for the thread:
What are your thoughts on dropping the faction barrier? And why?
What are your thoughts on keeping the faction barrier? And why?
If you were a developer for a day, what would your vision for what faction barriers be?
How should PvP flags factor into faction barriers, if at all?

This DevConnect thread will be open from now until March 30, so hop in and tell us your thoughts! Remember, this is a place for everyone to discuss awesome ideas, so let’s make each other feel welcome.

Looking forward to the discussion!

Pappy

Holy poo poo yes. Wildstar, become the first second MMO to get rid of the faction barrier you started with!

quote:

The thought of you guys removing the faction barrier makes me feel physically ill. Not because of the people playing Exiles or whatever, not even because I think Exile characters look dumb and Aurin are ew anime-catgirl tree rats.

But because dissolving the barrier between factions will completely destroy everything that is conflict in Wildstar, everything that the Wildstar lore is about, and any sense of rivalry between factions, in PvP, world PvP especially, and so on.

Hail Wildstar.

Mormon Star Wars fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Mar 17, 2016

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

quote:

CF group PvE queues, no. You can't make a filter that those who don't care about the story won't abuse to make CF queues the only ones to pop up.

quote:

Factions is what keeping the spirit, the twist of the game! What are you playing? Hello kitty online? No! It's Wildstar.
The war was in it's blood from the start. It will be a huge mistake to lay down the barrier. I would agree that some cosmetic barriers like chat and also maybe cross faction pvp queue can be dropped.
Take a look at Wow - of course they are brining the factions closer. There are zones where you cannot harm opposite players. "Sanctums" that are lore excused. Shattrath, Dalaran etc. There are raids in which factions contact. There is a mercenary system, where you can queue for opposite pvp faction. But that's all. Can you imagine blood enemies to suddenly kiss each other and go nicely doing quests. That will ruin everything. The spirit.
From my point of view the only solution is to make cosmetic changes without laying down the barrier and instead promote Dominion.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Rhymenoserous posted:

it has a steam page now

But you still can't buy or download it. :psyduck:

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

If they actually do ditch the faction barrier and unlock all race / class combos, I will definitely throw some money their way to show support for increased casualization.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Cyster posted:

Yep. The team we've got are all solid people at this point and while resources are understandably limited we're still moving forward. I'm in design because I like to overcome challenges and solve problems, in part, so hey. :v:

Yo you should check and see why NCoins are listed as "unavailable" on Amazon at the moment.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Blazing Zero posted:

seems to me that cyster is in on the ground floor of an up and coming wildstar resurgence

Aurin Engineers will SAVE wildstar!!

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Can you get protobucks or ncpoints or greencoins or whatever the store currency is with your steam wallet?

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

DDO was rife with a lot of dumb poo poo, and climbing on monsters was turned into a kind of quick time event with if the monster glowed red you needed to hit your red button!!! bullshit. It was a bit less janky than the original, but it lost all of its charm and good aspects in that move over.

All I remember about DDO is the dungeon narrated by Gary Gygax and fighting kobolds in the sewer.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

rum sodomy Rainbow Dash posted:

The people still with Wildstar at the very least seem to be listening and doing what they can, like removing whatever archaic pieces of the game's design such as the faction split.

Didn't they say they were just going to remove it for dungeon queues? They should really get rid of it altogether.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

I'll say it: Wildstar is currently better than Rift.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Thursday Next posted:

What happened to Rift?

It was a standard questy dungeony game years ago, but it had some amazing ideas. The soul combinations, rogue and cleric tanking, and chloromancer alone made that game incredible. Also the rifts were cool iirc.

A ton, but it's gotten absolutely ridiculous lately. You used to have a stacking number of Dungeon / PVP / Instant Adventure charges. They'd stack up to seven, so if you didn't play for a few days you could log in and knock out three dungeons or IAs or whatever. Well, it turns out that they weren't getting the sub numbers they wanted, so they made stacking the charges a benefit only for subscribers.

Ocho posted a hilarious thing trying to argue that limiting non-subs to one dungeon / ia charge a day would actually make dungeons more active, not less.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

DancingShade posted:

The best thing about failed mmos are the rapid holdout fans who defend them at all costs.

I don't think I've seen anyone defend Fallen Earth.

Yet, somehow THE REALM ONLINE is still running? You can still pay a sub for that game by mailing a check, wtf.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

I will play a post-NGE wildstar.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Percelus posted:

so if you think having a hilarious AAA mmo failure every couple of years is a sign the genre is somehow more healthy you are objectively retarded

It may not be more healthy but it's definitely more entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Spookyelectric posted:

The Steam Charts at least are reporting an increase in players for the month.

...To 581 players at peak.

It's barely edging out Everquest and Everquest 2!

• Locked thread