Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dolphin Fetus
May 31, 2006

We must kill them. We must incinerate them. Pig after pig. Cow after cow. Village after village. Army after army.
is this as incredible™ as the WoW general forums and gamefaqs claim? Have carbine truly learned from their mistakes and crafted a superior tapestry of an mmorpg?

Scoop or poop, folks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin Fetus
May 31, 2006

We must kill them. We must incinerate them. Pig after pig. Cow after cow. Village after village. Army after army.
How are the dungeons? That's kind of a maker or breaker for me, I like to try raids if possible but I mostly do dungeons. That's one of the reasons I keep coming back to WoW because I have so much fun leveling new classes in dungeon finder. I couldn't get into Guild Wars 2 because of the (IMO) awful, bland dungeons.

I honestly might give this a try. I tried downloading EQ2 because I wanted to try something kinda different from WoW, maybe a bit more hardcore in the vein of BC or Vanilla, but my computer just wouldn't run it well for some reason. I got several classes to cap in FFXIV but the game just left such a sour taste in my mouth. I know people here swear by it and love it but it just felt like WoW without cartoony graphics and slightly worse combat.

Dolphin Fetus
May 31, 2006

Clarste posted:

As someone who does not value their time, I have gotten to level 25 over the last couple of days. There's a literal tutorial dungeon at 10 (complete with someone telling you not to stand in the red circles), and another dungeon at 20. The tutorial was actually harder than the one at 20, because it wasn't afraid to instantly kill you for screwing up the one thing it was trying to teach you. Bosses love to do this thing where they knock you really far back and start channeling a super death move that you have to interrupt. If you like dodging circles while trying to keep up your rotation I guess that's cool? It's all circles all the time though. That's just the game.

Anyway, I think the game generally gets more interesting as you get more of your moves. The ones you start with are just really basic and boring. Red circles also get more dangerous as you get higher level, so dodging becomes more important, and that makes things much more interesting. There's something I find thrilling about diving out of a circle, I dunno. I've been soloing all the group quest bosses (who I can't interrupt at all because they have 2+ interrupt armor), and it's kinda fun. Not only that, many quests that require you to kill X guys also have a "miniboss" you can take on for up to 50% quest completion in one swoop, which is way more interesting than killing 10 chumps for 5% each. But also good odds of killing you if you're not careful. So... yeah, diving out of circles. If you like that, then it's sort of fun. And if don't, then you shouldn't bother.

Eh, I guess I don't have anything to lose from downloading the game and trying it. How balanced are the dps classes? Really want to make either a ranged magic-y type class or possibly a rogue archetype. Is there any dps class analogous to a (any spec) warlock from WoW?

Dolphin Fetus
May 31, 2006

Verranicus posted:

Guys Carbine should just wait for all the non-dedicated players to quit we don't need new/bigger servers!

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/134175-we-do-not-need-another-servera-bigger-server/

This level of fan fervor has me convinced: I'm in for an epic, mind blowing experience when WS finishes installing for me. Half way there, baby!!

Dolphin Fetus fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Oct 2, 2015

Dolphin Fetus
May 31, 2006

I just made a cat man with dragon ears who's an esper. This game is the opposite of every non-WoW mmo I've played. Usually my complaint with them is that it feels like someone poured molasses all over my character after coming from WoW (GW2, FFXIV) but drat..my character runs like he's on amphetamines.

The game actually seems kind of cool, I really dig the style and look. I haven't actually started participating in the gameplay though but its a shame the game is supposedly as bad as it is because it seems kinda neat so far.

edit - now my keybinds stopped working and I keep getting annoying pop up messages mid combat from npcs :|

Dolphin Fetus fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Oct 2, 2015

• Locked thread