Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

I was in Junior High ceramics class in the middle of making a sculpture listening to NYC radio when it happened. Our teacher was cool (aren't all art teachers?) and kept the radio on so we'd have something to listen to if we were good while working. The lady was in the middle of describing what a clear and beautiful day it was when I heard her voice trail off, several seconds of stunned silence, then "Oh my God". Immediately all coverage went from a boring day to talking about what was happening live, pretty much. The irony is like a few minutes before that they were talking about what a beautiful view the clear sky would be from the Twin Towers that day, and what a beautiful day it would be to visit it. :ohdear:

The day scared the poo poo out of me because at the time, my dad worked at the New York Stock Exchange. We found out later that he was safely evacuated, apparently his building had some sort of underground tunnel network escape route specifically designed in case of that kind of disaster, and he was perfectly fine. He told me the whole area was covered in smoke and it was impossible to see.

It was rough for people in the tri-state area in general. One kid from our school who I never met apparently lost a parent on that day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread