Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

I was in Junior High at the time and my history teacher turned on the radio after another faculty member came in and a hushed conversation with her. Of course, me being a young teen, I took the opportunity to draw in my notebook and tuned out the radio. I had no connection to New York and didn't even know what the WTC was, so I figured it was just something that happened in another country. It wasn't until I got home and started watching the news that I fully grasped what happened.

The hatred in the aftermath of the attack is what I mostly remember. People that I had considered level-headed and intelligent became the complete opposite. My Uncle once told me while we were fishing that he hated Muslims and he wishes he could be the one with his finger on the button that would launch nukes. We only had one Muslim family in our podunk whitebread town and they got their windows smashed regularly. The good-ol-boy, redneck town militia put them "under watch for terrorist activity" and would stand on the family's lawn, staring at the front of their house for hours with their weapons clearly visible. They moved away really quickly after that started.

Chip McFuck fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Oct 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread