Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kea
Oct 5, 2007
I would have been about 13, I'm from the UK and even I remember it vividly, I was sat in french class when the school tannoy came on, The headmasters calm voice came over and he told us in much a similar way he told us about class changes what had happened, we sat and listened for five minutes while he explained what had happened and the ramifications of the attack. A few kids burst into tears, you don't have to be that old to recognise something monstrous.

As you can imagine other than that day life went back to normal, it became a tragedy from a long way away but for a while there in that classroom it felt like it had happened in a town in the UK.

Of course since we were young and stupid jokes started flying around, we made light of it, which i a very kid way of dealing with something.

I'm not really sure what made it hit so hard for some of us since we were so far away but I hope I never have to worry about it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread