Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I was 14 at the time. Living on the other side of the world, it happened at around 8 PM and we pretty much got to see the whole thing live.

I remember that my reaction wasn't of horror, but rather of disbelief. I must have been looking at the TV with a sort of bemused expression on my face, as though I was watching a movie or a video game, because I couldn't believe that it was real. By the time I went to bed that night I had internalized that it was, but it still kind of bothers me even today that I didn't have a more visceral reaction to it.

I had an aunt that worked at an office there, except she called in sick to work that day, and I remember our whole family being relieved when we got word that she was safe.

I noticed that CNN started using a news ticker at the bottom, and for some reason the image of Greta van Susteren doing the news has stuck with me. I kept thinking that this 24/7 news with the ticker at the bottom was going to go away after a couple weeks/months, but it never really did.

Finally, my country started implementing strict bag checks whenever you go to a public place or heavily trafficked establishment. That was another thing that I figured would go away eventually, but again it never did. It still throws me for a bit of a loop whenever I travel to another country when I can walk into a mall without getting frisked by a guard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread