Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Binge
Feb 23, 2001

I worked tech support at the time, and happened to have that day off. I woke up, fired up SA and saw the infamous thread, then caught up on all of it. My job sent everyone home that day (one of our clients was Bank of NY which was in the buildings I believe). The next day I go to work, and I'm doing support for Rogers Internet customers (Ontario Canada region) and this lady was yelling at me that nobody answered the phone the day before. She was livid and did not care what happened in NYC, she wanted her Wireless Network card to work (remember this is 2001, wireless NIC's were very uncommon).

And everyone says Canadians are sooooo nice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread