Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

I'm British. I remember working on a building site, listening to the radio when the first plane hit, and thinking "wow, that's awful". Horrific, but a fairly normal terrorist kind of thing. One disgruntled guy or something, maybe a couple.

Then the second one hits, and I thought "gently caress me, this is going to cause a war that'll kill all of us". I still had a fair bit of nuclear fear due to a childhood of reading sci-fi. We called it a day on my site, and went home. Once the third plane hit the Pentagon, I was fairly sure none of us would make it to the end of the year due to retaliative strikes from either side. I was too freaked out to pay much attention to the fourth plane. This was, by now, clearly a well-organised group who hated America, and wanted to cause a lot of grief.

I'm glad I was wrong about potential escalation, but then again, I live in a country where we've not been escalated against. As well as the poor people who got killed in the attack, I feel sorry for the people who live in the countries who now enjoy a perpetual war, thanks to the actions of some reprehensible cunts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread