Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

I was attending high school on Long Island at the time. There were some people at the school who's parents worked at the WTC that were on their phones or just freaking out in general around the hallways.

I specifically remember the slow ramp up of information. I know early on in the day, in between science periods people were jokingly talking about some idiot accidentally crashing their plane into the towers. Each class period the news got worse and more accurate, until finally my French teacher was telling us about how the towers were gone now and many people were dead. That was probably not the best thing to be telling us, given our proximity to the city.

Also, we didn't close early or cancel classes that week, since people's parents were stuck in NYC with no easy way to get out, so no one could come pick up their kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread