Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
I was 17 and working a full time job as a web designer so I was sitting in the office wondering why Yahoo News wouldn't load for me. It was a small tech company and the CEO called us into the break room and let us know what happened and offered to lead a prayer circle, which I didn't participate in, then let us all go home around 10 in the morning. My dad's a Vietnam vet and worked nights back then so me coming in woke him up and he asked what I was doing home. I told him the WTC was intentionally destroyed and he just kinda blinked and said 'Yeah, so? What's that got to do with you?'. You gotta appreciate Midwestern work ethic like that. He later told me to hit the Navy recruiter's office if there were any rumblings about a draft so I'd be safe pushing buttons on a ship somewhere. I went out for a friend's birthday that night but it wasn't really a happy party to be at. Over all it was a confusing, kinda scary, but ultimately boring day. The feeling I got with my friends and family wasn't 'Let's kill whomever did this' but 'I hope this doesn't change things too much'. I guess we're just naive.

The only actually interesting story I have about 9/11 is that I flew out of NYC on 9/10 and visited the WTC the Friday before. Thousands of people did that, I know, but it's interesting to me. I bought a shot glass at a gift shop before leaving and it's just a simple smoked shot glass, nothing special, and it's got the NYC skyline on it complete with the WTC.

PT6A posted:

Honest question: how many Muslims in North America wear turbans on a regular basis? None that I've ever met.

None of the Muslim dudes I've known wear turbans and I live near the biggest Arab-American 'enclave' in the US.

BlackIronHeart fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Oct 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread