Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Miranda
Dec 24, 2004

Not a cuttlefish.
I'm Australian and it was 11pm or so when things went down, my dad was awake but didn't get us up. I remember seeing something on the newsstands as I ran for the train in the morning. But I was playing in the band for someone's final exams so was in a rush. Then when we got to the music building they let us listen to the radio. But later the principal decided to not let us know ANYTHING and I was pissed. All 13 years old of me wrote her a scathing letter about how shittily I felt they handled the situation (with my English teacher parents blessing). We had a meeting about it but it was just bullshit. I was pissed though. I remember being home in the afternoon watching all the replays. Still haunting to watch to this day.

I get mad too though, at the still hatred toward Muslims. I traveled throughout the Middle East in 2008 and people still thing I was loving crazy. It was the greatest thing I've ever done. The people were endlessly kind and hospitable, excited I had come to visit their countries, which were beautiful. It makes me so goddamn angry whenever people bitch about Muslims. There are extremists in every walk of life. Now I live in the southern US so imagine the reactions I get when I tell people about my trip.

Miranda fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Oct 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread