Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Tendai posted:

Sadly, I think Sikhs bore the brunt of what few physical attacks I remember reading about in the news. I can't actually remember hearing about an honest-to-god Muslim guy being attacked or anything, probably because western Muslim men generally don't wear a turban and obviously turban = Muslims. Dumb fucks.

Lots and lots of muslims got beat up too, the heavy reporting of the Sikhs was mostly really lovely "and he didn't even deserve it! that is the weird thing about this!" type stories that had a really dark undertone. Like those were the sum of the ones that outraged people, not the sum of the attacks that happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Tendai posted:

Huh, I didn't know that. All I could remember offhand was the Sikh man who got shot at his gas station.

It was a little bit of people only getting mad if the "wrong' people got lynched instead of being mad there was people getting lynched at all. I don't think they were exactly burying the stories when muslims got murdered or beat up but I think the only ones that really got big media reaction was the "oops they beat up the wrong guy" stories .

• Locked thread