Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

klosterdev posted:

I've heard plenty of "where were you on 9/11" stories, which usually involve where they were when they learned about it, but what I want to know is what was the post-attack hysteria like? What were the first few days of the country/world like after an event like that without any real information or explanation?

There are plenty of documentaries about 9/11 out there that do a pretty good job of capturing the feeling of that day. If I had to sum it up, (to me anyway) people were mostly shocked and completely bewildered about what the hell was going on at first. Then there was a lot of fear about what might happen next since it seemed like planes were just crashing all over and speculation about who was behind it. I live really close to a chemical weapons storage site, so here we had a lot of dumb rumor-mongering about someone attacking that.

The days after that - lots and lot and lots of little American flags on people's cars. :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread