Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
"Why does this fedora have a hole in it?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Well poo poo, that's an awful way to start a page.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mother of God. A fedora joke. Hold on to your neckbeards, everyone, Grassy Gnoll is on fire tonight!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Lightning Lord posted:

Pinnacle is known for being tight lipped, so expect news to show up out of the blue when they have something of substance. They're probably going to miss the Christmas date since this is RPGs, but who knows? From google I have learned that playtests are occurring, so that's good news.

They're also known for quietly canceling something and sweeping it under the rug while pretending it never existed in the first place, so it can go either way.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Mother of God. A fedora joke. Hold on to your neckbeards, everyone, Grassy Gnoll is on fire tonight!

What was the fedora joke?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Effectronica posted:

What was the fedora joke?

The week without you was excellent. A shame you didn't learn from the experience.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Simian_Prime posted:

I already bought my "Sexy Tabletop Gamer" costume at Party City.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Arivia posted:

The week without you was excellent. A shame you didn't learn from the experience.

You're going to be waiting a long time for me to die, I'm afraid. I'd suggest taking up another hobby in the interim.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Effectronica posted:

You're going to be waiting a long time for me to die, I'm afraid. I'd suggest taking up another hobby in the interim.
No, we can just cast Reflect on you so you can't heal yourself.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

FactsAreUseless posted:

Haha.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

What about Drain/Blood sword

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What about Drain/Blood sword
Ashura doesn't get those.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

FactsAreUseless posted:

I find it kinda strange they didn't remove that tactic from the DS version like they did with using Reflect against Bahamut.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

I know. That's SMT Shiva.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

I know. That's SMT Shiva.

It's actually Atavaka, using the SMT II sprite.

EDIT: Here's the Nocturne model:

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

How was Nocturne? I never got the chance to play it when it was A Thing.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

grassy gnoll posted:

It's one of the best CRPGs of all time, and people should play it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Effectronica posted:

It's actually Atavaka, using the SMT II sprite.

EDIT: Here's the Nocturne model:

That guy was a real fucker when I was playing Raidou Kuzonoha.

Effectronica posted:

It's one of the best CRPGs of all time, and people should play it.

This. Also the new SMT4 sequel will kick rear end too.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

That guy was a real fucker when I was playing Raidou Kuzonoha.

This. Also the new SMT4 sequel will kick rear end too.

...wait. What do you mean new SMT4 sequel?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Atlus announced one earlier

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Atlus announced one earlier

Huh! Well, I had been hoping for a current gen console release, but I liked SMT4 so more of the same is OK with me. ...If they fix that world map.

More on topic: Anyone else going to Metatopia? I'm going to be running a playtest there, but even if you're just going to be a playtester, it's a great time. The panels are pretty consistently quality, too.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

Yep, mine's like that, but 3 sizes larger and it comes with a wolf shirt.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Simian_Prime posted:

Yep, mine's like that, but 3 sizes larger and it comes with a wolf shirt.

The die is in a wolf shirt? That's just silly!

Dec 26, 2012

grassy gnoll posted:

Play it, it's still A Thing.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Going to run Dread on November 1st. It's like a spooky backstab.

Ningyou
Aug 14, 2005

we aaaaare
not your kind of pearls
you seem kind of pho~ny
everything's a liiiiie

we aaaare
not your kind of pearls
something in your make~up
don't see eye to e~y~e

01011001 posted:

it's actually kind of really not?

like i don't know if you know this but all the copies were recalled in the wake of fierce controversy over a hidden side dungeon where a jack frost enticed the ostensibly teenage protagonists to "SMOKE SOME OF THIS DANK HEE-HEROIN, HEE-HO! IF IT FEELS GOOD, DO IT, HEE-HO! gently caress THE PAIN AWAY, HEE-HO!" and then he smooched the demifiend and there were little floating hearts and given the climate wrt homosexuality (especially in the US) back when nocturne came out i don't know if it was the hee-hard drug use or the depiction of interspecies hee-homosexual relationships that caused the backlash but either way, hee-ho

laws were passed, hee-ho

it is literally illegal to own a copy of nocturne now so i'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but uh

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
I (like erryone else under the sun), am in the process of creating a game system. What's the best way to seek feedback? Can I just post a thread here?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pfox posted:

I (like erryone else under the sun), am in the process of creating a game system. What's the best way to seek feedback? Can I just post a thread here?
#badwrongfun on synIRC.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Pfox posted:

We also have a Games Writing Workshop thread lurking around somewhere

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pfox posted:

Feedback usually ruins games because it puts your creativity under the rule of people who are definitely stupider than you and know poo poo about your vision.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Ningyou posted:

it's actually kind of really not?

like i don't know if you know this but all the copies were recalled in the wake of fierce controversy over a hidden side dungeon where a jack frost enticed the ostensibly teenage protagonists to "SMOKE SOME OF THIS DANK HEE-HEROIN, HEE-HO! IF IT FEELS GOOD, DO IT, HEE-HO! gently caress THE PAIN AWAY, HEE-HO!" and then he smooched the demifiend and there were little floating hearts and given the climate wrt homosexuality (especially in the US) back when nocturne came out i don't know if it was the hee-hard drug use or the depiction of interspecies hee-homosexual relationships that caused the backlash but either way, hee-ho

laws were passed, hee-ho

it is literally illegal to own a copy of nocturne now so i'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but uh

wha

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

01011001 posted:

The only mainline SMTs I've played were Strange Journey and IV. What's different about Nocturne?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
good morning tradgames, what's your hopes for this week regarding gaming :shittydog:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Feedback usually ruins games because it puts your creativity under the rule of people who are definitely stupider than you and know poo poo about your vision.

I should have guessed you were a fan of HYBRID.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tollymain posted:

good morning tradgames, what's your hopes for this week regarding gaming :shittydog:
I'm going to play more Splatoon with my girlfriend. She's good at it, which is impressive for a Japanese body pillow.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm going to play more Splatoon with my girlfriend. She's good at it, which is impressive for a Japanese body pillow.

What's his serial number?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What's his serial number?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Same as your mother.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Arivia posted:

I should have guessed you were a fan of HYBRID.
The popular Hero Yeoman Bard Royal Immortal Demiurge D&D module.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Same as your mother.

This doesn't make any sense. A human being cannot be birthed by a body pillow. Away!

• Locked thread