Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

remember Edgar and Mendes are fighting the night before Aldo/McGregor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

acai moonsault posted:

remember Edgar and Mendes are fighting the night before Aldo/McGregor

I'm thinking of going to that since tickets for the following night are ridiculous

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Nice! posted:

Usually when one fighter hits the other fighter so much they curl up into a ball and quit falls under the term starched. See also Ronda Rousey vs. Sarah McMann.

You don't know what it means

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Edgar > Mendes

If Mendes wins outright i will be proven wrong but until that fight happens this is a fair view to hold.

Unless Edgar wasn't motivated.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
http://www.twitch.tv/mightymouseufc125

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
GOD loving drat IT

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/659944928601051136

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

He will never be champion

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

americankickboxingacademy.txt

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
THERE IS NO ALLAH :(

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

EmmyOk posted:

He will never be champion

He might never fight again at this rate.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Wonder if TJ can get Khabib a job in the mines.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

"Nurmagomedov" is russian for "domin8or".

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Eh, that one doesn't bother me as much as losing Khabib vs Cerrone. Ferguson can fight any other top LW and it'll be good poo poo. The article mentions Barboza vs Ferguson, and while not as significant of a fight it'll probably be more entertaining.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Yes because Khabib fights are known for not being entertaining.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Lid posted:

Yes because Khabib fights are known for not being entertaining.

I didn't say that, but since you're being a dick about it yeah I do think Tony Ferguson and Edson Barboza have had more entertaining fights overall than Khabib.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

It's gonna be funny when Josh Thomson wins the Bellator lightweight title and doesn't defend it for 2 years

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I'm finally caught up on this God damned thread and could have sworn Chael talked about Rampage getting in trouble with the cops. Did the threads cover that or was that the morphine telling stories?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

That did happen.

In 2008.

Rampage is playing video games and battling Bellator's legal department at the moment.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

1st AD posted:

That did happen.

In 2008.

At least some cylinders are sorta firing.

Can someone trick Chael into twitching with Page?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Captain Log posted:

At least some cylinders are sorta firing.

Can someone trick Chael into twitching with Page?

Rampage prank called Chael. Chael says he gets 1 video game a year, for Christmas. It's always the newest Call of Duty and he tears through it in 4 days

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

LobsterMobster posted:

Rampage prank called Chael. Chael says he gets 1 video game a year, for Christmas. It's always the newest Call of Duty and he tears through it in 4 days

Minecrafting with Rampage, Serra, and Chael would be a salve unto my soul.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

AKA gonna AKA

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Chad has a big power advantage over Frank and there ain't no featherweight that can lay on him, so I expect a good fight. Frankie has a big technical skill and cardio advantage, but Mendes is a freak athlete, I favor frank but would not be surprised if chad pulled it off.

It's crazy to think that Frankie tossed BJ loving Penn around like a ragdoll but will probably struggle with Chad.

some old hussy
Dec 6, 2005

What are you waiting for? You're faster than this. Don't think you are, know you are. Come on. Stop trying to hit me and hit me.

Ariel Helwani posted:

And before anyone jumps to conclusions, Nurmagomedov was in Russia when he got hurt, I'm told, not AKA. He was scheduled to go to SJ nxt wk.

raingwc
Feb 28, 2008

Seems like its Barboza vs Ferguson now. Still a good fight imo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He's betrayed Xbox.

DJ is cool as gently caress and all that, but I really hope people don't donate silly amounts of money to him. Somehow, I think he'll manage without donations being one of the best fighters in the world and all that.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Holy poo poo, DJ streams? That's cool, I gotta watch some of that.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Khabib posted:

"I'm not sure if I will ever come back"

:( :qq:

IT BEGINS
Jan 15, 2009

I don't know how to make analogies

People have been suggesting this means he's thinking of retiring. From his wording it seems more like he's just depressed that he keeps getting injured before fights, not that he's giving up and retiring.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

CommonShore posted:

Connor survived like two rounds on his back having just trained for a striker

If they rematched Chad would lose bad

you're crazy if you don't think conor was training grappling for aldo. aldo is a black belt in bjj and his camp started life primarily as a grappling school. the fact that he proved to be a top-knotch striker on top of everything is what put him at the top, but you'd be a moron to take his grappling for granted.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

you're crazy if you don't think conor was training grappling for aldo. aldo is a black belt in bjj and his camp started life primarily as a grappling school. the fact that he proved to be a top-knotch striker on top of everything is what put him at the top, but you'd be a moron to take his grappling for granted.

Yeah? Well Mendes's camp started primarily as a shirtless summer camp. The fact that he proved to be a top-notch fighter on top of everything is what put him on top, but you'd be a moron to take his shirtlessness for granted.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

IT BEGINS posted:

People have been suggesting this means he's thinking of retiring. From his wording it seems more like he's just depressed that he keeps getting injured before fights, not that he's giving up and retiring.

Cowboy is in his head :stare:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

CommonShore posted:

Yeah? Well Mendes's camp started primarily as a shirtless summer camp. The fact that he proved to be a top-notch fighter on top of everything is what put him on top, but you'd be a moron to take his shirtlessness for granted.

This is silly but it made me smile!

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

CommonShore posted:

actually, i think it's a shirtless-mandatory neighborhood, rather than merely a camp. like a nudist colony, but for nubile, shirtless men under 5'6".

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I always took "starched" to mean somebody getting knocked stiff, like Nate Quarry against Franklin.
Franklin's career is long enough that we can define all sorts of terms using him.

Starched: Knocked out and goes stiff.
TKO'd: Stays conscious but clearly can't defend and is just getting beaten.
Ragdolled: GTA extra.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Josuke Higashikata posted:

DJ is cool as gently caress and all that, but I really hope people don't donate silly amounts of money to him.

Why on earth would you hope that

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Ariel is a dink.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

fatherdog posted:

Why on earth would you hope that

Because I'd like to think that people aren't so silly as to give a bunch of money to a dude who makes a whole bunch more than most people.

Something about not losing faith in humanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Why is that bad

• Locked thread