Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Was there any word on his eyegouging being brought up. I saw the general bold boy stuff about being on the submission too long I just thought the repeatedly trying to take your opponents eyes out was as bad even if Mazagati was fine with it.

e: really i think mazagatti not issuing a dq loss to him should result in him getting banned for years too. I don't know how anyone agrees to let him ref them. Its like this guy will let you get maimed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Goofballs posted:

Was there any word on his eyegouging being brought up. I saw the general bold boy stuff about being on the submission too long I just thought the repeatedly trying to take your opponents eyes out was as bad even if Mazagati was fine with it.

I think it would be hard to punish him for a rules violation that would have only resulted in a loss of points. Like you won't see a hearing on a dick kick. Cranking submissions after the fight though is unsportsmanlike conduct and can only be handled post facto.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Sure but most dick kicks are obviously accidental or the normal jon jones style eyepokes could conceivably be seen as unintential but in that shields fight Palahares was just going for them blatantly over and over.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Odddzy posted:

he probably isn't the brightest tool in the shed

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

On the one hand Palhares deserves if not a lifetime ban then at least a Diaz length one, on the other hand that basically means he's going to fight in places with even shittier referees. Don't put that guy in a ring with the ever popular "some Brazilian guy wearing jeans" or a dumbass like Yuji Shimada unless you're going to give them a loving shotgun.

this poo poo right here.

i am extremely concerned that paul is going to be fighting guys who are literally going to give a leg for $400 in a parking lot because they're that desperate for cash.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
every single time that dangerous retard is forced to face up to the consequences of being mentally slow / physically lethal and the result is anything other than taken out the back and shot i wonder where mike pierce is

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Marching Powder posted:

this poo poo right here.

i am extremely concerned that paul is going to be fighting guys who are literally going to give a leg for $400 in a parking lot because they're that desperate for cash.

Injuring random Brazilian street fighters sounds like a good way to end up in a long term relationship with Vitors sister

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Or the Shadaloo payroll

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Is there some way Imanari can break Palhares's knee ligaments in the meantime? maybe that's what it will take for him to learn.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

every single time that dangerous retard is forced to face up to the consequences of being mentally slow / physically lethal and the result is anything other than taken out the back and shot i wonder where mike pierce is

despite how hard he cried and demanded that the fight got made a no contest because of badly he lost, he had a fairly quick recovery from the injury from palhares. he's been out for awhile because he keeps hurting himself in training

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
lol at the defense calling a surprise witness who immediately testifies against them

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

david carmichael posted:

despite how hard he cried and demanded that the fight got made a no contest because of badly he lost, he had a fairly quick recovery from the injury from palhares. he's been out for awhile because he keeps hurting himself in training

i think he was crying because of how badly he got hosed up post the fight being actually stopped but thanks for the rest of your information, which was good.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress the ban they should just let him fight and take 100% of his purse when he holds a sub. That'll learn the dumb bastard.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

tesilential posted:

That'll learn the dumb bastard.

it really won't

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Which will be promptly overturned because he had proper representation.

Yeah his lawyer got him a ridiculous penalty and now it will be reduced to a reasonable one, which he would have got in the first place had he showed up lawyer-less and timid.

Don't get me wrong I think it's awesome someone finally challenged the incompetent dimwits in the commission. These hearings are less professional than TV court and my stupid pointless meetings at work.

We try to find the humor in them but NSAC operates more like a college fraternity than a government agency and its despicable.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

i think he was crying because of how badly he got hosed up post the fight being actually stopped but thanks for the rest of your information, which was good.

he made a bunch of posts on twitter about how first it should have been a no contest, and second it should have been a mike pierce victory but he seems ot have deleted them

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

tesilential posted:

Yeah his lawyer got him a ridiculous penalty and now it will be reduced to a reasonable one, which he would have got in the first place had he showed up lawyer-less and timid.

Don't get me wrong I think it's awesome someone finally challenged the incompetent dimwits in the commission. These hearings are less professional than TV court and my stupid pointless meetings at work.

We try to find the humor in them but NSAC operates more like a college fraternity than a government agency and its despicable.

He's looking at possibly fighting next year, which would equate to about a 12-18 month suspension. If he had done what you suggested he very realistically would have gotten the by-the-books penalty of three years and an even more significant percentage of his purse than what he was originally fined. This overall seems to have worked out very well for him and established a precedent for other fighters to follow.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

david carmichael posted:

he made a bunch of posts on twitter about how first it should have been a no contest, and second it should have been a mike pierce victory but he seems ot have deleted them

oh i believe you. i'd probably say some angry poo poo if i thought my method of making money had been nixed by a particularly stupid animal

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

That poo poo is extremely fresh

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
the guy is a repeated offended and really dangerous to his opponent, I dont get how they can just ignore all the times he has injured someone and look at the tape of the shields incident and not go "holy poo poo, we shouldnt let this guy in the ring with anyone"

i dont get the comissioon rules and regulations but it seems really dumb to not see what intentional damage he is doing to people.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Well, he did wear a poppy after all.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

outy posted:

This is pretty poetic

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Marching Powder posted:

oh i believe you. i'd probably say some angry poo poo if i thought my method of making money had been nixed by a particularly stupid animal

Pierce broke his hand in training most recently but is back in the gym and sparring. He should be fighting again soon unless some other piece of him falls apart.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I wonder if Mike Pierce ever gets recognized just walking around

red19fire
May 26, 2010

outy posted:

I've come around on Conor. He loving owns. Needs to fight a wrestler Frankie and will probably be smashed by Aldo, but he loving owns.

E: VV I don't consider 2-week-camp Chad$ a properly prepared fighter, but let's compromise.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Oct 30, 2015

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

red19fire posted:

I've come around on Conor. He loving owns. Needs to fight a wrestler and will probably be smashed by Aldo, but he loving owns.

Did you forget that he starched Chad$?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
He did fight a wrestler, named Chad Mendes.

He won.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Short notice, fight wasn't canon.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Nice! posted:

Did you forget that he starched Chad$?

You don't know what starched means?

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

quote:

Conor McGregor’s victory over Chad Mendes at UFC 189 to win the UFC interim featherweight championship was the toughest fight of his UFC career and was still a second round TKO victory.

Making the victory even more impressive is McGregor’s (18-2 MMA, 6-0 UFC) claim during a recent fan Q&A in Dublin that his knee injury was more significant than he had previously let on.

“Fourteen weeks before the fight I tore 80 percent of my ACL,” McGregor said. “I could barely walk. I could barely kick.”

McGregor said that it was through the quality of his training partners and awareness of his own body that he was able to overcome Mendes (17-3 MMA, 8-3 UFC), the No. 5 ranked fighter in the NOS Energy Drink MMA featherweight rankings.

“I have a lot of experience coming back from that injury. I was aware of my body, and I was aware of my balance. I have a good team around me, and I trusted everyone that was there. That’s how I performed. I train with people that I am safe with and that would allow me to get to that fight.

“I had a lot of adversity to overcome but honestly, I went into that fight and beat Chad on one leg, and now that I have gone through that adversity, I feel I have gained three new legs.”

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Also my back was broken and my house was haunted

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

tesilential posted:

Any of us stupid enough to work for the US government can confirm that this is in fact standard government procedure

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Chad kept Conor on his back for like two rounds having just got off the couch

If they rematched Conor would lose bad

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

-Atom- posted:

for 2.5 or maybe 3 rounds then KO chad yeah

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

-Atom- posted:

My fight fanfiction too sees Conor KOing Chad as entirely analogous to Serra v GSP I.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Skip My Posts posted:

You don't know what starched means?

Usually when one fighter hits the other fighter so much they curl up into a ball and quit falls under the term starched. See also Ronda Rousey vs. Sarah McMann.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

-Atom- posted:

Connor survived like two rounds on his back having just trained for a striker

If they rematched Chad would lose bad

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I always took "starched" to mean somebody getting knocked stiff, like Nate Quarry against Franklin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

CommonShore posted:

Connor survived like two rounds on his back having just trained for a striker

If they rematched Chad would lose bad

We'll probably get to see it.

• Locked thread