Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I love this sport, and am excited about this weekend's card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Women's MMA is truly catching up to Men's MMA

https://instagram.com/p/8R8PekA00r/

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He should (and likely will) get paid but I dunno about getting a title shot off a canceled fight. Anyone that he can go against on the next card?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

-Atom- posted:

Dana White promising title shots is about as reliable as Jon Jones saying he's a rehabilitated man

LOL true

Fartbong Bonersatan posted:

Who should Johny fight in his Middleweight debut?

Mousasi

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Bubba Smith posted:

Benson Henderson just said on twitter he would gladly fight Woodley on 2 days notice and asks for Woodley to call his bluff on it.

I'd be down to see that match tbh. UFC probably won't do it since they need Bendo to be healthy to headline that November South Korea card AND they probably enjoy embarrassing Hendricks at the moment. But that would be a better option than automatically giving Woodley a title shot and his show + win money for nothing.

-Atom- posted:

gently caress. yes.

Look at me agreeing with -Atom- twice in one day! :)

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Le Saboteur posted:

This Ronda Rousey promo for UFC 193 is one of the greatest promos the UFC have ever put together. Also Fake Herb Dean. http://ellentube.com/videos/0-91z5qd54/

Wow, this rules

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

If you can learn one thing from these threads, it should be that some posters are objectively cool and good and some are objectively bad and dumb

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Chain_of_Dogs posted:

Are there any fights planned for the Pacific NW anytime soon? Portland again would be awesome (missed 102 because of work), but Seattle is probably more likely. I'd love to get together with some goons for some decent seats next time it comes around (hell I'd even go for a, ahem, Bellator or WSOF card...).

They do need to come back again soon. UFC 102 was awesome, and the Henderson/Diaz Fight Night in Seattle was great fun. A couple of us went to Titan FC 35 in Ridgefield a few weeks ago and got on TV again, it was cool. If you are in Portland PM me.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

kimbo305 posted:

First and foremost, I'd like to give thanks to my coach and training partners at Internet Top Team. Posting Never Die.
And lemme hear the crowd on this one, "Don't fear me.."
crowd: ...
"fear fatherdog!"
crowd: *scattered applause*

If it was fathedog, the chant would be:

nope
nope
Nope
Nope
NOPE
NOPE

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Dangersim posted:

Fedor would have thrashed randy

Nope, but it would have been fun to see

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

huh

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Dangersim posted:

That pics from earlier in the year iirc

I just saw it pop up today, oh well.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

UFC November - Back to regularly watching fights, thank god!

Four good cards next month, headlined by Hendo/Vitor, a WMMA title double header, Matt loving Brown/Kelvin Gas-telum and then a Benson Henderson/Thiago Alves Korean show. Thank you MMA gods for seeing us thru this dark period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Bubba Smith posted:

and yet not a single one of them will match any of the great december main & co-main events (not including the dumb FightPass Paige Van Zant card but I consider it a 24 hour prelim for the real Mendes vs Edgar card).

I think that we could get a lot of good stuff out of November, but December will Own all the Bones

(PS Owning all the Boning is the GDT title for when JBJ comes back...)

• Locked thread