Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Embedded #3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzRpGFWQPJA

Rashad around the 6 minute mark is definitely the highlight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Hendricks was interviewed yesterday and said he was 183-184, and that he was confident that he'd make weight.

Welp,

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Ryan Bader could win 20 uninteresting fights against people who had names five plus years ago in a row but he'll still have lost to Tito Ortiz
As a reminder, Tito Ortiz's wins over his last 14 fights, spanning 9 years:

-Old, broken down Ken Shamrock
-Alexander Shlemenko, a middleweight
-Old, fat, horrible Stephan Bonnar (by split decision)
-Ryan Bader, at a point where Ortiz had gone over 5 years since beating a relevant opponent (Forrest Griffin by split decision)

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Is Tyron a small 170? Because he looks smaller here...

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Bluedeanie posted:

Rashad Evans with titties
Isn't that just Rashad Evans?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

FishBowlRobot posted:

He also went on Ariel's 300th show and told him to gently caress off, so that was pretty cool.
Followed by Serra yelling at Ariel for failing to stand up for himself.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
More MMA Hour notes:
-TJ now seems fine with fighting Faber after getting banned from TAM
-TJ still went to the Benavidez/Olivi wedding
-TJ says moving this camp to CO was on him, not because of "recruiting"
-Bang was really snarky to Ariel about not being on the show last week, and seriously Ariel needs to get a grain of self-awareness because he has roughly 1000x more "beefs" with fighters than all other MMA journalists combined. When you have one person throwing bombs for 80 minutes (Faber), the other side should get a response the following show, even if it's you're 300th show and you want to feel like a cool guy by having a bunch of legends insult you. Which goes back to the self-awareness thing.
-Hendricks blames the weight cut on venison, which he ate a lot because thought would be better for his weight than chicken and fish. :psyduck:
-Hendricks has no illusions about being competitive at middleweight unless he gets a lot better.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

1st AD posted:

Hendricks is the reason someone like Mike Dolce has gainful employment, because he is too dumb to figure out calorie counting or how to prepare the appropriate meals for losing weight.
I assume he was buying deer meet directly from hunters or something and there's no caloric info the way there would be at a grocery store. Naturally, this should make someone want to take the step of doing ~90 seconds of research online about the differences between deer and chicken, but fighters do not always have the strongest intellects.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
He also mentioned having deer 3x a day and was probably having big cuts of it.

Also, Browne said he and Ronda aren't dating or boyfriend/girlfriend, but they're together, and she's his woman and he's her man. Uhhhhh...

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Man, MRSA is so nasty. I think I'm going to take a bath in antibacterial... wait gently caress

(but seriously this is a great story)

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Sprecherscrow posted:

I'm worried Khabib won't be as good post injury.
I can see a striker losing a lot after a long layoff due to leg injury, but as long as his back is healthy I would think Khabib will be fine.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
UFC.com should un-ironically have that in the upper right corner.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

fatherdog posted:

Like, the whole concept of "fan death" is manifestly ridiculous but that doesn't change the fact that it would be very stupid to make a Korean Zombie t-shirt with a giant fan on it.
I had never heard of this but it is real and wonderful:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_death

Almost as good as the conspiracy theory that all American beef is tainted and gets exported to Asia, and that Americans exclusively eat Australian beef.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Why is Reebok so obsessed with the nationalist approach to the fight gear anyways? It's not like this is the loving Olympics where countries go head to head. If they really were lazy, they could have gotten the UFC roster and then gone down going, "Red, blue, red, blue..."
Considering that they use the term "kit", it feels designed to have a more international appeal than a US domestic one; a World Cup of Fighting thing. The international expansion is focused on home-country fighters, overwhelmingly matched up against fighters from other countries.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Trast posted:

After what DC did to Rumble I don't see him having much chance against Jones.
The odds are overwhelmingly against any human being surviving the hit DC took; he got lucky that he was able to get up. Now, whether he could land that shot against Jones is a very real question, but his "puncher's chance" is a different beast than, say, Glover/Rampage/Bader or other LHWs who have absolutely nothing for Jones.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opfMz42GLpU

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

tesilential posted:

Dan was like I do TRT to keep up with the young guns, but not too much cause then I'm actually worse at fighting.

Vitor was like IT IS NONE OF ANYONE'S BUSINESS WHAT THE DOCTORS TELL ME TO PUT IN MY BODY WHICH IS ALLOWED WHICH MEANS NOBODY SHOULD BE ABLE TO KNOW IF I AM EVEN TAKING THESE MEDICINES OR NOT BUT IF I WAS IT WOULD BE NONE OF ANYONE'S BUSINESS AS ITS A PRIVATE MEDICAL MATTER AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY PERFORMANCES
Dan also still looked and fought like Post-Peak Dan Henderson while on TRT, as opposed to SSJ3 Vitor throwing insane spin kicks and almost snapping JBJ's arm like a twig. Then after TRT, Hendo looks pretty much the same while Vitor is very much not the same. The amount of testosterone being used was clearly orders of magnitude different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
"You know who's going to be sympathetic to my client, the limb-maiming mongoloid, and prone to disagreeing with referees? John McCarthy!" - a moron

Le Saboteur posted:

Did Palhares call Big John as an expert witness only to have him testify against him?!
yes

• Locked thread