Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
conors annoying because of how much he enjoys attention, to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Chain_of_Dogs posted:

sometimes that jump from top 10 to championship material is...a big one.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

-Atom- posted:

Shogun rules though

Hey you made a post that didnt cause me to puke

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

david carmichael posted:

it was a big deal (chuck had just beat wanderlei in their really good fight), and it earned rashad a shot at actual champion forest griffin

also in that fight Rashad really didnt even look good, Chuck was deep into his completely retarded phase . rashad threw that right over and over and was getting clowned but chuck did that thing where hes like hey im winning that means I should stop defending myself and swing wildly

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
And Im glad Jhn Hendricks missed weight after bitching that he deserved a title shot :lol:

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
who said they didnt like hendricks

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
agree, woodly sucks

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Fartbong Bonersatan posted:

@MarcRatnerUFC confirmed JH was 20-25 pounds over on Tuesday

The Bigg Nothingg

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

manyak posted:

More good low hanging fruit stuff from the guy whose gimmick is literally everyone hates his posts, but on the other hand hunt would beat Jones so bad he would be wishing he was back on the plantation picking cotton and getting whipped etc etc. funny

hes friends with keven

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

at least we know where you stand

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Triticum Guzzler posted:

CHER

They say we're young and we don't know.
         We won't find out until we grow.
           ♪

NICK DIAZ

♪        Well I don't know if all that's true
              'Cause you got me
[Nick begins staring off to the side of the camera] up here like some kind of caged animal or whatever, it's like, i'm up here for this bullshit again being prodded for their amusement in their little kangaroo court with their microphones and people where i'm from don't do that poo poo, so it kind of puts me at a disadvantage having to come here, you know if we coulda done this in lodi where i know where the whole foods is and how to get around it might be different

lol

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

HEY NONG MAN posted:

exactly. he's the gray maynard of lhw so who gives a poo poo

maynard was a better prospect and achieved more

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
im not sure anyone will be shocked when shogun loses

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Aurain posted:

That's a great fight but I'm surprised it's a Fight Night card. Suppose it'll do better free than it ever would on PPV of course, but drat.

cant let cruz headline a ppv

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Jon Jones is looking short lately.

jokes old

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
i remember laughing at the first time when people pretended to confuse two people

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
theirs was more explosive

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
I got more fast-twitch laughs from Jones-Woodley, but Marching Powder made me think

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
before you post about how women fighters are inferior, remember fighting is 90% mental, pigs

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

david carmichael posted:

Surely ronda is the yoshida. Judo, insanely popular, handsome, etc.

the comparison is perfect except yoshida was more famous and better at judo

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Chain_of_Dogs posted:

People like to draw parallels, and the Fedor comparison is closer than Royce. Both dominated their respective organizations at the time, but Fedor did it against much more well rounded competition (and yes, against some cans, too). Sure, there are plenty of differences though, and any comparison is bound to be flawed.

Ronda is obviously leaps and bounds ahead of any of her contenders, in ways we haven't seen in recent times. I'd like to see Holm at least make the fight competitive, maybe use her footwork and TDD to at least force Ronda into, I don't know, breaking a sweat? It's hard to see a way through it for her though, and hard not to see Ronda bullying her way in, throwing her to the ground and submitting her in the first round. Maybe she'll try to prove something though and decide to stand and trade.

IIn your mind Fedor fought plenty of well-rounded competition and only "some" cans. laughing on line

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
also fedor was impressive because he was using technique and explosive attacks to beat more talented/physically gifted fighters, the polar opposite of ronda rousey, and most of his credibility came from beating Nogueira, who was an established bad rear end

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

did you miss their last 100000000 title fights

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
rothwells a roider

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
If you write Dr. in front of your name, to Rogan you're an all-knowing god, unless what you're saying doesn't agree with what his heart surgeon friend says computers will be like

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Rogan firmly believes that the proof is there showing everyone on earth will be one big superbrain, and if you disagree he won't hesitate to be a dick and talk down to you about it

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
If you ever want to see Rogan get sonned check out when he brings it up to Dan Savage

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Charles Gnarwin posted:

This is going to be awkward because the main job of the White House press corps is spinning poo poo.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Ronda Rousey Discussion thread please

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Ronda Rousey is as dominant an athlete as any athlete in any sport today. I wonder if she could beat up a man?

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Can you believe some trolls pretend they don't know she doesn't have an H after the R in her name? That's just trolling right there, plain and simple. Everyone knows how to spell her name. She's a cross-over superstar.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Ronda is a role-model for other women to get into the sport. Inspired by her success, young girls looking up to her now will start training MMA younger, and the talent pool will deepen over time, even if its admittedly a bit thin right now, although many of the fighters are good, its just that Ronda is so much better, its making them look bad. *jerks off*

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
The baddest woman on the planet

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Fozzy The Bear posted:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/10/17/9512125/johny-hendricks-open-to-seeking-help-for-weight-i-don-t-know

Johny Hendricks is so dumb. He is going to do a practice weight cut to 180 lbs and then if he makes it, he will continue to fight at 170.

Skip My Posts posted:

its funny that woodley will be able to hold this over him forever despite being worse than him in nearly every area

its weird that jhny is turning out to be a headcase

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Living in the woods and eating meat seem to be common concerns among fighters

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
any other mma fighters have failing bowels

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
will werdum fight again this year? he beat cain velasquez this year, so thats pretty god

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
give it to mighty mouse. hes cool

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
who was fighter of the year last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003